I'm on my second Tour, and now Bell has a brilliant plan of no longer replacing Tours that are outside of the 30 day window, they just make you send it in for repair and charge you for a loaner while it's gone, but that's another story (rant).

Anyways, I know there was a trackball issue as I had that fixed when it was sent in for repair. The trackball works smoothly now, but this seems like a software problem. When I'm using the browser (and this only happens in the browser) for about 30 seconds the trackball stops working, I don't mean a lag in response, it stops moving completely. The rest of the buttons work though, because I can exit the browser with the End key and I can press the menu key to get the menu, but I can't move the trackball until I hold the End key, power down, and then power back up. It's fine until I browse again.

This happened on the stock OS, then I installed the official update 4.7.1.57 (Platform 4.1.0.70) and it still happened. I'm hoping that it's just a fix with software. But I was wondering if anyone has had this issue before and know of a fix, or how can I do a low-level format of the device, not just a typical wipe? I've tried doing a wipe(options, etc., type 'blackberry') but I was thinking that maybe originally I installed something that screwed the browser so I wanted to literally start as fresh as possible.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!!
    Last edited by Br@dBerry; 10-25-09 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Better descriptive title
    10-25-09 10:03 AM
    If you want to low-level format, you will first want to back up all your applications and information.

Then download a program called BBSAK and use that program to wipe your BB clean. It will leave you with a 507 Load OS error, which is good. Then you will use the Load OS command from BBSAK and it will launch app loader which will walk you through the install of the OS.

After the OS is installed, you can restore your previous back up.
    10-25-09 10:07 AM
    When you have a 1 year warranty with RIM, how can they not honor that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 10:11 AM
    When you have a 1 year warranty with RIM, how can they not honor that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I believe they do, they send it out for free service, just charge the person a $250 loaner type fee that is credited back upon return of the loaner device. They just dont do an advanced exchange like Verizon and other carriers do.
    10-25-09 10:13 AM
    I believe they do, they send it out for free service, just charge the person a $250 loaner type fee that is credited back upon return of the loaner device. They just dont do an advanced exchange like Verizon and other carriers do.
    Yeah, pretty close. They (Bell Store) put a $250 hold on my credit card for the loaner, charged me $25 for the user of the loaner, charged me $70 for an estimate fee. The estimate was in case the issue wasn't covered under warranty that would keep it as an estimate. That was refunded to me. However the $25 wasn't. It wasn't so much about the money, but I was pretty pissed. The phone is less than 2 months old, I'm a corporate client, and this is the trouble I have to go through? I told him it wasn't a loaner he game me (he gave me a puzzled look) I said, "No, it's a rental". They also tried to pass it all off as RIM's new policy, which is BS because I went to my buddy in the same mall who is an assistant manager with Telus. He told me he heard nothing of this policy from RIM and they still order in replacement units (couple days) for customers over 30 days and give over the counter for under 30 days.

Thanks for listening...

Also, thanks for the reply in regards to technical support. I'll try that app now.
    10-25-09 10:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD