I made my Pre Order for the Tour yesterday. It still doesnt show my bank account being charged the $214.00 yet. Anyone else expierence this or is this something that normally takes time?
    07-03-09 05:40 PM
    Most companies don't charge until its shipped or about to be shipped

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 05:47 PM
    Most companies don't charge until its shipped or about to be shipped

And, response from another thread:

If you go to verizonwireless.com and sign-in to myaccount. You can go to the quicklink for order status. It will show the order as pending.
    07-03-09 05:49 PM
    haven't checked mine...

Tried to view my credit card online but Chase blocked it :P They needed verification that the $199.99 charge from vzw was legit since I didn't enroll in this Visa Security Thingy when I bought the phone...

Oops! ^^
    07-03-09 05:51 PM
    My acct. hadn't been charged yet either and checking my order status- its pending but I do have a confirmation number.

07-03-09 05:53 PM
    It won't charge until the phone gets shipped.
    07-03-09 06:20 PM
    Correct, it states at the end of the bill that it won't charge until shipped.
    07-03-09 06:39 PM
    Just got off of the phone with VZW because I had the same concern. I was told that I will not be billed until the product has shipped. I also ordered an LG ENV3 for my daughter, but that hasn't been charged yet either. Both orders were made yesterday morning. I was also told that I wouldn't be charged for it until it ships. So, how does VZW shipping work? Is FedEx closed on weekends?

When I called, they could not find my order number I gave them for my Tour pre-order. But they COULD find the one for my LG EnV3 though. Why is that?

Thanks.
    07-04-09 08:17 PM
    It may be that a pre-order is held in a separate queue and not available from the other order functions. As for FedEx, yes, they work weekends, but I'm guessing that due in part to the holiday, orders were not processed for shipping yesterday or today.

07-04-09 08:48 PM
    Does anyone who placed their pre-order thru Telesales see their pending order status? The site still won't work for me, so Telesales did it for me, but I don't have an order number to put in, so there's nothing I can see
    07-04-09 09:44 PM
    Does anyone who placed their pre-order thru Telesales see their pending order status? The site still won't work for me, so Telesales did it for me, but I don't have an order number to put in, so there's nothing I can see
    I didn't do mine through telesales, but online and I see that my order is basically pending.
    Last edited by kingzee; 07-04-09 at 10:24 PM.
    07-04-09 09:51 PM
    I did the online pre-order as well and I see my pending order. I would advise you to go through the online pr-order as well. Then IF a CS rep calls to "complete" the pre-order, tell them you did it online.
    07-04-09 09:57 PM
    I didn't do my through telesales, but online and I see that my order is basically pending.
    Thanks. And just now I noticed (on the Status page): "To check the status of orders placed over the phone, please call (800) 256-4646."

When I did ask earlier, someone said there was a note that there was a pending order, but they couldn't actually see it.
    07-04-09 09:58 PM
    Companies are prohibited from charging your credit card until your order has shipped. That doesn't mean everyone plays by the rules but you can bet Verizon does.
    07-04-09 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD