Alright, so I have a complex problem. I pre-ordered online July 6th. Yesterday, I decided to cancel the pre-order and go directly to the store to buy a Tour. I spoke to Internet Sales over the phone and they canceled the order - I got a confirmation email saying as much and that I would not be billed. I get to the store this morning, and while I'm waiting in line to be helped, I get an e-mail on my Curve saying that my pre-ordered Tour had shipped....but wait! Wasn't it canceled? Apparently not. Next step: check my credit card online statement....charged for the balance of the online order. Suffice it to say, I could not buy a Tour in the store, because it showed up in the system as having shipped my online order thus blowing the upgrade.

Herein lies the problem: on Tuesday, when my Tour arrives, will I have a brick that can't be activated because it's technically a "canceled order?" Will I have a free phone because the canceled order will eventually "un-charge" my credit card? Or will the system pretend that the cancellation never actually happened?

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?
    07-12-09 07:49 AM
    i have herd in the past if you make an online order it can not be canceled until you receive the order and you return it. you will be charged. no matter what it had to be charged before they would even send it. NOTHING is FREE.
    07-12-09 07:54 AM
    And another thing to remember - When you pay by credit card, that money is put on hold immediately. However, refunds typically happen during a nightly batch job that night or a few nights later. Refunds are not immediate!

So, I would hold on to the phone for a bit to see if you do, in fact, get a refund...but, I'm sure they won't let it slide that easily. I'm sure what BUZZDAR said is quite correct - you'll need to cancel it after you've received it in this case.

Sorry...
    07-12-09 07:57 AM
    I just got an e-mail a minute ago saying that the order has been processed and no changes can be made. Oh well. Another case of CS reps having no clue what's going on in their own system...I'll just have to wait until Tuesday for my Tour!
    07-12-09 08:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD