Sure you could say the storm has issues but from what I've heard the tour has some rebooting randomly problems also so don't count your chickens. Before they hatch like I said the tour will bring some old tech to cdma users but to say its way better than the storm as far as hardwear and os goes that's false.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 10:27 PM
    How is it better? The specs are the same as the storm and bold. It may be a better fit for some but as far as the hardwear and os its nothing that hasn't already been avalible for some time now.

So how is it "old" if its the same specs as the tour and the bold ??? has the best qwerty to date, the best trackball to date , and the screen is the best to date ? how can u get any better ?

If you want a camera, Nikon has the D90 @ 12+ mp.

This is a Phone.
    Exactly... cant have the best of both worlds tell Q1 next year (just a guess on the hybrid bold/storm comming)
    07-07-09 10:27 PM
    I don't know I guess its not old tech it is current tech but its nothing new just another verison of what's already avalible. I just think some will be disapointed because there really pushing this thing as something new and great and its not its just a storm with a keybored or a cdma bold which I don't think should have taken this long to come out. And this is the 21st century. I love the people that say its a phone. We are headed to a place in time where we CAN have it all In one device and have it do everything well. So to say its a phone it can't take exelent pics and video and do everything els we want it to is an old school thought prosses.

07-07-09 10:37 PM
    as a curve 8330 user that choose to for go the storm I can't wait for the tour! not all of us are dumping a storm. some of us were smart enough to not get one :-)
    07-07-09 10:39 PM
    LOL then you must only be a storm owner . The tour is a much better phone all around , the storm is a nice phone , but not for a real business user.

Storm owner? <pity>

I bet all you Storm owners thought it was cool last November, didn't you?
    Things don't always work out with new things.

I have had a NE2 coming to me since April 2008. Waited all that time for the "Storm". On Nov. 20th, I walked into my VZW store and was extremely disappointed with it. Decided to wait for a BB with Rev. A, knowing it was just a matter of time. I had fantasies galore over the Bold, but would not jump ship to AT&T. <loyal>

IMHO, the Storm was made to try and lure all those iPhone groupies away from AT&T.
    The iPhone & Storm are both toyLIKE phones...not particularly well suited to business. The Storm though, makes a better go of it than the iPhone.

The Tour, however, appears to be built on a basic standard configuration, which has been time-tested and proven over the years. Kind of like the Curve and the World phone meets the Bold. Throw in Rev. A network and some other technological advances and this promises to be a notable device for our time.

Something definitely worth using my NE@, circa April '08 on.

POS? I think NOT.
    07-07-09 10:39 PM
    Storm owner? <pity>

I bet all you Storm owners thought it was cool last November, didn't you?
    Things don't always work out with new things.

I have had a NE2 coming to me since April 2008. Waited all that time for the "Storm". On Nov. 20th, I walked into my VZW store and was extremely disappointed with it. Decided to wait for a BB with Rev. A, knowing it was just a matter of time. I had fantasies galore over the Bold, but would not jump ship to AT&T. <loyal>

IMHO, the Storm was made to try and lure all those iPhone groupies away from AT&T.
    The iPhone & Storm are both toyLIKE phones...not particularly well suited to business. The Storm though, makes a better go of it than the iPhone.

The Tour, however, appears to be built on a basic standard configuration, which has been time-tested and proven over the years. Kind of like the Curve and the World phone meets the Bold. Throw in Rev. A network and some other technological advances and this promises to be a notable device for our time.

Something definitely worth using my NE@, circa April '08 on.

POS? I think NOT.
    BRAVO thumb! well said!
    07-07-09 10:41 PM
    Lol bravo I guess I would be pumped to if I was getting rid of my gameboy advanced I mean 8830 and getting a real smart phone.

07-07-09 10:47 PM
    But those of us who already made the upgrade and thosd like me that are hard core media users I wouldn't give up my three and a quarter inches of screen realastate for anything.

07-07-09 10:50 PM
    But those of us who already made the upgrade and thosd like me that are hard core media users I wouldn't give up my three and a quarter inches of screen realastate for anything.

Well I was a big media user and always said I would never give up this big screen also.... But there came a point in time where I said this phones camera issues, battery issues, keyboard issues, screen issues, OS issues, clicking issues, signal issues, memory leak issues, ect.... Where I said ill downgrade back to a smaller screen for a phone that actually works the curve 8330... Now IMHO no matter how much I was in denial about the storm I tried to like it and keep it I think after my 6th replacement storm it kind of hit me... Maybe ill get a phone that actually works
    Now while storm and the touch click screen amazing idea but REM you screwed it up and they know it... The ceo even said "can't always get things perfect the first time around" hence the reason for storm 2... Blackberry needs to stick to there roots and what there good at....

I always recommended a tour type bb with a touch screen that can be used for web browsing ect.
    07-07-09 11:29 PM
    I am very excited too. Im not looking forward to saturday night.
    Why not? Just closer to actually getting the phone.
    07-07-09 11:43 PM
    see i only had problems with my storm when i only has os .75 im not going to lie and say i dont get frustrated with it but ive had it long enough to nit pick it. quite frankly ive played with iphones and other bb's so far i like the storm the best... now im not hating on the tour it does look sweet but i cant understand all the haters on the storm because they got one faulty phone... i mean it happens ill guarantee all you guys that are hating on the storm right now are going to nit pick just as much on the tour. i've noticed it happens with every phone. its AWESOME first few days... BEST PHONE EVER!!! then after a week or a month its like omg i bought a crappy phone because something new came out, or your just bored with it. Everyone expects some super device thats lives up to EVERY SINGLE one of their expectations truth is until you make your own phone its not going to happen, theres always going to be problems with a new device no matter what stuffs going to break its going to run slower i mean look at computers, you could go buy a brand new model today tomorrow its outdated already. People are never happy. Ever. Try working retail for a week you'll realize it. You could do everything someone asks and they would still complain.
    07-08-09 12:24 AM
    Twas the night before the tour and all through the house, not a geek was asleep all were playing with their mouse
    lol

Yeah, I got it bad.

07-08-09 12:36 AM
    Twas the night before the tour and all through the house, not a geek was asleep all were playing with their mouse

lol.. good stuff hahaha
    07-08-09 12:40 AM
    im with you man i can't wait for the tour
    07-08-09 12:56 AM
    I dnt think I will loose sleep over no phone..I mean I like the phone and all but I like to sleep more..cnt answer my phone while I'm sleeping..lmaoo

07-08-09 04:48 AM
    If your already a storm owner why so pumped up about the tour? Seems like a step back to me your cutting your screen in half for a key bored. If you ever watch movies or video pod casts your gonna hate yourself for getting the tour.

from a storm owner, this Tour is a far step forwards from any storm. The ONLY thing the storm has going for it, is the screen, everything else is garbage on the storm. The Tour does everythign the storm does, but A LOT faster with no problems to speak of, the Tour has got DOUBLE the memory of the storm, the Tour also has the fastest BB browser to date out of any blackberry, a faster processor do to not having to recognize touch, and a much better OS compared to the storm. A step back would be downgrading to a storm once the Tour is out.

P.S...were not here to bash our own kind (blackberrys) but you do need to know which one is better though, and the storm pretty much in last place when it comes to relibility of a phone. Even myself wanted the storm to be all that but a long with everyone got very dissopointed in it, but hopfully rim can get out of the hole again with the storm when storm 2 comes out and fixes what it had failed.
    Last edited by mjbesen310; 07-08-09 at 06:32 AM.
    07-08-09 06:29 AM
    when I initially got my Storm, I was upgrading from the 8830. Initially, it had a lot of great things to offer, which were important to me. I loved the camera (just having the option of a camera made a difference, we all know the bugs that came along with shutter lag, etc.) I appreciated the 8GB media card. I thought the browser was far superior from the 8830. It was definitely the upgrade that I was looking for.

But then, the screen stopped working. I would constantly be putting calls on speaker phone unintentionally. In a bind, my touch pad wouldn't allow me to dial numbers. The accelerometer was constantly backwards. After a few months, I realized that the Storm was the wrong choice for me, as someone who uses a phone for entertainment and not business. The difference to me was reliability.

The Storm was RIM's first experience with touch-screen devices. And there is definitely a learning curve to take into consideration. So I'm getting the Tour first thing on Sunday because I want to have a phone back. One that responds when I hit the answer key and one that responds when I type. I will gladly take 1/4 of the screen size if it means that I have a phone that I can truly rely on and use easily.
    07-08-09 09:52 AM
    You should NOT be loosing sleep over the tour dude
    07-08-09 10:09 AM
    ^^^
    lolz....

but yo, i need the tour to come out like today, my treo is starting to irk me....keyboard is jacked up, and now my wireless sync is actin stupid....phone is all mashed up now....
    07-08-09 10:11 AM
    ^^^
    lolz....

but yo, i need the tour to come out like today, my treo is starting to irk me....keyboard is jacked up, and now my wireless sync is actin stupid....phone is all mashed up now....
    My Treo is acting crazy too! I can't play any of my music on it now and it won't let access all of the features in my apps now. I am sooo ready for Sunday. What's a girl gotta do to speed up time around here? lol

07-08-09 10:21 AM
    wait...how about this one....my phone restarts alot now...like i'm in the middle of doin something and then all of a sudden i see the big azz PALM sign....i feel like breaking my phone with a sledge hammer sometimes....mind you, this is my 3rd one....and i've had barely had the 3 for over a year....these companies QA teams need to do a better job....
    07-08-09 10:42 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD