I have a bit of a strange problem, maybe, and I am not sure where to post it, so I'll start here. If the Mod Gods wish to relocate this, so be it.

I have BerryWeather, along with a few more, apps on my Tour. I use the BW home screen wallpaper option as designed, with my hometown weather always displayed.

As I was going through my phone last night, just giving it a once-over health check, I noticed my memory was at 88.5MB's. That may be a lot for some, but I have never had less than 95, so I started to look through my apps to see what was happening. Finding nothing out of the usual, I decided to delete all my apps and reload them again. Here's where the strangeness begins.

After deleting all of the apps (the app folder is empty), I restarted the device, When it started up again in the default theme, it was with the BerryWeather wallpaper home screen. At first, I though I somehow missed delting BW, but there is nothing in the app folder. Checked the Download folder - empty. For the thoroughness of it, I checked all the other folders (IM, SETUP, etc.) - no BW. I checked ADD ONs, and CORE - no BW.

Perplexed, I reset the theme defaults, which lost the BW home screen, and from there I could not locate a way to restore it (didn't want to, but needed to know if I could).

OK - so it's gone. Not so much . . .

My first reload was QuickLaunch, but my second was Foppa18 for a theme. And when it loaded, I rebooted my Tour, and guess what I had for a home screen wallpaper. Hello BerryWeather. And the program is NOT on my device, at least anywhere I can touch.

Any ideas on why, how, where, etc.?
    07-16-10 11:08 AM
    ok i think the exact same thing happened to me when i tried berryweather. the wallpaper is made by the application in the form of a picture. go to your media folder, then pictures, and you should see that in there somewhere. just delete it. let me know what happens.
    07-16-10 12:03 PM
    I'll take a look, but I have a lot of screen captures with different themes that all have the BW home screen, so they are all going to look alike. Perhaps I'll just delete them all and see what happens.

Any idea how the "picture" refreshes itself if the program is not installed, as the weather info on the home screen WP was current (heat and all)?

Thanks . . .
    07-16-10 12:08 PM
    You could try goin to the applications screen from the options menu and hit the BB key and select modules and see if there's a berryweather cod left on your phone somehow. If it is there you can use bbsak to remove the cod permanently. If its not there I have no idea how the wallpaper image is being updated without berryweather.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-10 12:58 PM
    Stranger and Stranger . . .

No modules related to weather. Searching for "Berry" does not find a BerryWeather Searching for "weather" finds nothing.

I just checked the home screen, again, and it is updating, with the "observed time" at 10:40 my time.

I just don't get it . . .
    07-16-10 01:39 PM
    Try locating the folder where BW is saving the wallpaper. For example, it saves mine to sdcard>blackberry>pictures>user and delete anything there.

I know I still have some saved there. I don't know if that will help at all, but the theme could be remembering the wallpaper (like it would if you set your own anyway) so deleting the wall should get rid of it.
    07-16-10 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD