I just got my replacement tour from Verizon...

And the trackball wouldnt scroll Right.. it got stuck pretty easily

I turned the phone off.. pressed in on the ball.. and rolled like crazy

for a couple minutes

turned the phone on and it works fine.. but im skeptical that its just gonna get stuck again in 20 min

has anyone had a sticky ball that ended up working out once it got broken in?

i really dont wanna have to attempt to get a 3rd tour from verizon

thx
    08-14-09 01:57 PM
    annnnnd its stuck

why ?!?!?!?

fu*k.. i hope verizon is willing to dish out another one
    08-14-09 02:01 PM
    i generally press the lock button, press the ball down hard, and scroll in all directions. then its good. happens only once n a while though.
    08-14-09 02:04 PM
    yeah if its stuck, verizon will have to give you another tour. just call *611 and tell them ur problem. your phone will be shipped Fed-Ex 2 day. unless u wanna try to deal with getting another in a store which is always a pain in the ****
    08-14-09 02:06 PM
    yeah if its stuck, verizon will have to give you another tour. just call *611 and tell them ur problem. your phone will be shipped Fed-Ex 2 day. unless u wanna try to deal with getting another in a store which is always a pain in the ****

see.. i went into the store today and got a replacement NO PROBLEM

no questions asked.. but the replacement sucks as*

im gonna call them now and explain.. and try to get a new one after work
    08-14-09 02:07 PM
    annnnnd its stuck

why ?!?!?!?

fu*k.. i hope verizon is willing to dish out another one
    They are willing if its an issue. They replace phones that have any manufact. defect. And they get stuck because of several diff reasons...
    Not that hard to understand.
    08-14-09 02:10 PM
    They are willing if its an issue. They replace phones that have any manufact. defect. And they get stuck because of several diff reasons...
    Not that hard to understand.
    thanks.. hope ur right!

appreciate it tho, made me feel better for the time being

Im wondering if i should go to a new verizon store? maybe that will increase the chance of getting a WORKING device
    08-14-09 02:19 PM
    i dont think itll much matter, and generally if they replaced your device today, they want you to go back to the same store to have it exchanged again.

suggestion - play in the store with the trackball for a few minutes before leaving.
    08-14-09 02:23 PM
    suggestion - play in the store with the trackball for a few minutes before leaving.

yea man definitely.. i would've done that the first time around but i was on lunch break so i didnt have time

so frustrating trading in something thats broken, and ur replacement is MORE broken

wtf
    08-14-09 02:25 PM
    You can just flip it upside down in your palm and rub the trackball that way, it normally works when it is jammed. Trackballs are not fixed to the device, so you're almost always guaranteed to have an issue at one point or another, varying in severity, obviously. The trackpads eliminate these problems!
    08-14-09 02:33 PM
    You can just flip it upside down in your palm and rub the trackball that way, it normally works when it is jammed. Trackballs are not fixed to the device, so you're almost always guaranteed to have an issue at one point or another, varying in severity, obviously. The trackpads eliminate these problems!
    yea i tried that..

but this one was F'd up within seconds of using it.. there's no questions, its F'd up

My last one was iffy but this is just herrendous
    08-14-09 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD