Don't get me wrong, I'm excited that the BB keeps getting better with each new model that comes out, but this constant flood of new BB's is getting out of hand. Don't they realize that we sign 2 year contracts when we buy these?

I just paid $200 for the Tour and it seems within the next 4-6 months there will already be a better version (Essex) with the Track Pad, Wi-Fi, and possibly some other neat features. What happened to the good old days when the refreshes came about every 2 years so we could keep up?

I might just consider dropping Sprint and paying the cancellation fee because my Tour will sell for at least that much and jumping over to T-Mo or ATT for the new Bold 2.

I can't stand knowing that there's a better BB that I don't have
    09-01-09 01:09 AM
    there will always be better berrys coming. enjoy your tour.
    09-01-09 01:19 AM
    Don't get me wrong, I'm excited that the BB keeps getting better with each new model that comes out, but this constant flood of new BB's is getting out of hand. Don't they realize that we sign 2 year contracts when we buy these?

I just paid $200 for the Tour and it seems within the next 4-6 months there will already be a better version (Essex) with the Track Pad, Wi-Fi, and possibly some other neat features. What happened to the good old days when the refreshes came about every 2 years so we could keep up?

I might just consider dropping Sprint and paying the cancellation fee because my Tour will sell for at least that much and jumping over to T-Mo or ATT for the new Bold 2.

I believe you just answered your own question. Besides, why should they release devices on your contract schedule? Not everyones upgrades are due at the same time and then there are those who don't even use contracts.
    09-01-09 01:21 AM
    yes, that would make a lot of sense for them to cripple their progress just to satisfy people with new devices only once every 2 years.
    09-01-09 01:51 AM
    yes, that would make a lot of sense for them to cripple their progress just to satisfy people with new devices only once every 2 years.
    It doesn't have to be 2 years, but 6 months... c'mon.
    09-01-09 01:57 AM
    I mean what the ****. The Tour just dropped and now a better version is out in the wild already?! RIM sure knows how to milk us that for sure.
    09-01-09 01:59 AM
    You all need to quit complaining. With Apple quickly gaining marketshare, RIM *HAS* to innovate. This means new devices with better features, faster processors, more RAM, etc. If RIM can't find devices to compete to keep their market share, then they are going to fall to the way side and other companies will seriously start dominating their market. Its already happening and they are doing their best to mitigate it effectively.

I've had so many problems with my 1st gen Tour that when the new one comes out, I will ***** to Sprint until I get it free. I just got one replaced on Saturday and the trackball was fine. Woke up today and its trash. No excuse. I'm going to have to go all the way back to the corporate repair center that is ~20 miles away and make them give me yet another Tour. But that seems to be the way things go these days. Quality is sacrificed for quick releases.

In either case, RIM isn't going to stop developing new devices until they finally come out with something for everybody. Touchscreen devices that work properly for touchscreen fans. Trackball and trackpad devices for others. Lower end BB's for those on a budget. The flow isn't going to stop. I'm betting on 4-6 new models of BlackBerries coming out in the next 12 months. There is nothing you can do about it so just drop it.
    09-01-09 02:14 AM
    Everyone here understands new/better phones will come out, technology evolves and its understandable. I'm sure what most of us is most upset is with wifi, that could of been easily put into the 9630. We all want wifi, they know it! they have the technology to throw it in, but they didnt. Maybe blame verizon or sprint?
    09-01-09 02:51 AM
    Kind of like how as soon as the Bold released, RIM added new features on their upcoming devices such as the 3.2 MP camera, increased app memory etc...

That's life. Wait till you see what they have in store for current Bold owners and future Onyx owners. I feel sorry for the people buying the Onyx when they see just what'c coming for 2010.

But the fact that you said you would pay your cancellation fee and go to another carrier is just what they want. RIM is seriously walking a fine line here. Flooding the market and adding new devices that share all the same limitations such as the severely lacking apps and worthless browser.

What I mean is, while Wi-Fi is great and so is the trackpad, they don't add anything over what the Tour cannot do already. The WiFi still uses the same browser, and the trackpad still navigates the same icons etc...
    Last edited by Madness87; 09-01-09 at 03:32 AM.
    09-01-09 03:29 AM
    I agree, you guys is making a deal over WIFI and a Trackpad. You already made the decision that you didn't need WIFI, thus what made you decide to get the TOUR in the first place.

Patience is a Virtue.
    09-01-09 04:00 AM
    The story broke that there would be a wifi enabled tour broke on July 9th, 3 days before the original Tour launch. The trackpad was a surprise, but given the failures of the current trackball I can't say I blame them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 04:01 AM
    Welcome to capitilism. Enjoy it before it is crushed by the Govt.

09-01-09 04:07 AM
    Really.. is this what people are complaining about now..

Come on..
    09-01-09 04:14 AM
    What else are you going to spend your moldy money on??
    09-01-09 04:14 AM
    Wow, I never thought I'd see the day where someone was complaining about having newer technology and more choices. What's the world come to?!

09-01-09 04:39 AM
    Will the essex be a verizon phone or does anyone know...an expected release date?
    09-01-09 05:42 AM
    Essex should be a Verizon phone. Release date? I don't think anybody knows yet...
    09-01-09 05:45 AM
    I am on board with you guys yelling at the op to quit whining but at same time they need to stop talking about and researching these new models not because we want to have the newest berries for 2 years but when ppl are still having issues with current models its a slap in the face. For example having busted storm reading about a storm 2 so soon.and having a busted tour trackball and reading about a essex trackpad now?

I know it takes a lot of time to develope phones but t least be quiet about it until your promo posters for your current phones come down! Haha i

09-01-09 06:35 AM
    IF you cant handle the fact that someone new will come out a few months after you buy something, then well, maybe BBs and technology isn't right for you. I hear you can still buy a really nice abacus.

Technology changes, fast, that's life. Would I love to have every brand new model as it comes out? Sure. Is that realistic? no
    09-01-09 06:36 AM

Word to that. Im waiting for congress to hold hearings on this very subject. Maybe they can pass a law forbiding phone mfg's from releasing new devices to frequently and protecting us from our desires to have the latest and greatest.
    09-01-09 06:45 AM

The US was never a true democratic or capitalist society to begin with.
    09-01-09 07:00 AM

And since CDMA is coming out with a BB that kills the Onyx , I would laugh if you do. If anyone wants to leave their carrier over a phone, I just hope that the phone is 12 out of 12 worthy. Plus the Essex has a feature that might make you want to stay.
    09-01-09 07:01 AM
    Its interesting to compare Rim and Apple, the big players in the market. Apple is putting out one phone per year. Rim is putting out many phones per year.
    09-01-09 07:04 AM
    Really.. is this what people are complaining about now..

Come on..
    You took the words right out of my mouth....
    09-01-09 07:09 AM
    You guys are ridiculous for yelling at the OP. Honestly, if I had known about the "Essex," I would have kept my Curve and waited for that. Do I *NEED* WiFi? No. Would it be nice? Yes. It would also be nice to have the trackpad.

The thing that people are angry about is that many of us would have waited for this device if we had known it was in the near future. It is essentially the same thing as the Tour, but with WiFi and a trackpad. It's just not fair for us Tour owners who jumped the gun early.
    09-01-09 07:24 AM
130 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD