Ok I have been waiting on buying my 1st BB. I was waiting on the 9630 because of all the storms problems. But now with the storm 2 coming out I am torn on which one to choose. Please help me choose
    05-20-09 10:01 AM
    Ok I have been waiting on buying my 1st BB. I was waiting on the 9630 because of all the storms problems. But now with the storm 2 coming out I am torn on which one to choose. Please help me choose
    Having owned the first Storm, I would definately say hold off on part 2 until it is tested. Not much is really known about changes to the typing etc. I know I am not going with another touch screen for quite a while...
    05-20-09 10:11 AM
    I've had my Storm since March 4th and it has been great. I haven't experienced the reboot, freezing, etc. problems that many did. Hopefully that was due to bugs in the early OS's. I am very happy with it, although I should add that this was also my first Blackberry.

I have an iPod Touch, and I think RIM's touchscreen doesn't match the tight accuracy of Apple's, but it is certainly acceptable to me since the BB is a serious business-oriented telephone/PDA with some extra fun and useful perks (music, video, SD expansion, games, on and on). I am very happy with my Storm!

Being female with smaller hands and fingers, I can see that guys might have more trouble with the Storm touchscreen typing due to bigger fingertips hovering over the keys. Chances of activating the wrong key might be greater. There was a definite learning curve for me but I'm getting better and faster with the QWERTY keyboard input.

Good luck in your search for the perfect BB!
    05-20-09 10:34 AM
    My cousin got the storm first day it came out and was underwhelmed. He's on Verizon, though, so he can't get an iPhone (which is what he really wants). I agree with mjs31, wait until version 2.0.
    05-20-09 01:44 PM
    I've had my Storm since March 4th and it has been great. I haven't experienced the reboot, freezing, etc. problems that many did. Hopefully that was due to bugs in the early OS's. I am very happy with it, although I should add that this was also my first Blackberry.

I have an iPod Touch, and I think RIM's touchscreen doesn't match the tight accuracy of Apple's, but it is certainly acceptable to me since the BB is a serious business-oriented telephone/PDA with some extra fun and useful perks (music, video, SD expansion, games, on and on). I am very happy with my Storm!

Being female with smaller hands and fingers, I can see that guys might have more trouble with the Storm touchscreen typing due to bigger fingertips hovering over the keys. Chances of activating the wrong key might be greater. There was a definite learning curve for me but I'm getting better and faster with the QWERTY keyboard input.

Good luck in your search for the perfect BB!
    I have actually seen the opposite. Most of the women I know that have fingernails can't type on the storm at all.
    05-20-09 01:52 PM
    wait for the Tour hands down
    05-20-09 01:52 PM
    Wait for the Tour...if you really want a BB I would say buy a used 8330 curve and then get the tour when it hits the stores.
    05-20-09 02:17 PM
    Aren't there like 9 threads asking this same question, give or take?
    05-20-09 02:51 PM
    I think this one makes 12, actually.
    05-20-09 02:53 PM
    yea.. i mostly just read these threads to see if any interesting side banter pops up... lol
    05-20-09 03:53 PM
    Chances are the storm 2 will eventually be a good device. However this will be only there second touch screen model they may have made some improvements - but one thing rim is not unfamiliar with is keyboard models - The tour might be a little bit more plush right off the bat - This is my speculation.
    05-20-09 04:34 PM
    start on the 8330 get your feet wet and learn the device and how it works makes your experience on any of the other that much better I started on the pearl when to the curve and the storm its like going to school if ya start off in 11th grade ya tend to get lost sometimes
    05-20-09 10:43 PM
    I have actually seen the opposite. Most of the women I know that have fingernails can't type on the storm at all.
    Good point... you're right about the nail thing. After many years of having longer nails, I cut mine back to fingertip length a couple of years ago so I didn't think about that.
    05-21-09 10:47 AM
    I just got my first Blackberry, a Bold, a few weeks ago and I'm loving it. It doesn't really do anything my old crappy phone didn't do, but it does everything so insanely better.

Here is my Blackberry Purchase Decision Maker algorithm:
    Do you prefer touch screen over keyboard? Get a Storm
    Do you prefer a small size over power? Get a Pearl.
    Do you have big hands? Get a Bold.
    Otherwise, get a Curve.
    Or wait for the Tour regardless of your hand size.
    05-21-09 12:54 PM
    I just got my first Blackberry, a Bold, a few weeks ago and I'm loving it. It doesn't really do anything my old crappy phone didn't do, but it does everything so insanely better.

Here is my Blackberry Purchase Decision Maker algorithm:
    Do you prefer touch screen over keyboard? Get a Storm
    Do you prefer a small size over power? Get a Pearl.
    Do you have big hands? Get a Bold.
    Otherwise, get a Curve.
    Or wait for the Tour regardless of your hand size.

just out of curiosity what was your old crappy phone..
    05-21-09 03:46 PM
    My vote would be for the 9630, the keyboard is a must for me. If you are undecided, I think the best thing you can do is go to the store when they come out and play with them to see which you are more comfortable with... Or you could buy one and return it during the 30 day grace period.
    05-21-09 07:21 PM
    My vote would be for the 9630, the keyboard is a must for me. If you are undecided, I think the best thing you can do is go to the store when they come out and play with them to see which you are more comfortable with... Or you could buy one and return it during the 30 day grace period.
    +1 on this

no one can tell you better then yourself if you like a phone or not. We can tell you differences but in the end its what you will use day in and day out.
    05-21-09 07:27 PM
    just out of curiosity what was your old crappy phone..
    Samsung A737
    05-22-09 11:11 AM
    Samsung A737

thats not really a old crappy phone ;/

its a decent phone but I agree the bold is hot sauce compared to it
    05-23-09 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD