Ok fellow CBers.. I know that as of now I haven't had any issues with memory

But that was the biggest issue of all with the pearl. I know I had to have 12mb for it to run smoothly..

Right now I have 60mb .. at what point does the tour have an issue? 30, 20, 15?

AS new apps come out I will be installing them .. Does anyone have an idea on this? or opinion?
    07-29-09 10:08 PM
    Mine has never went below 85mb + I have lots of apps installed already...
    *facebook
    *myspace
    *berrybuzz (my fave)
    *pandora
    *aim
    *WHERE
    *color light
    *my verizon
    *sum frree game ka-glam? ( I don't play it)
    *picture I'd
    *quickpull
    *empower sms viewer (love it)
    So I think ur safe on memory- lol ) its safe to say that I'm in love w/my bb tour -

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 10:18 PM
    I pretty much have all the same programs and am very close to 80mb and I have to say I love that I can install more than three apps with out memory being an issue.

Im just wondering What is to low . when do we have to worry.. as I use the phone add apps and gain msg.. I know eventually it will drop more..

Does anyone know?
    07-30-09 10:22 AM
    I'm wondering that as well. With my pearl, once it got to a certain point it would erase all my text messages and phone call log. To avoid that I had to pull the battery at least every couple days. So I wonder how low can I go with the tour before I have problems?
    07-30-09 12:45 PM
    SO has anyone had any experience with this yet?
    08-03-09 01:06 PM
    I don't think you should really worry about this too much. If you put about 100 apps on your device, and leave them all running at the same time, your device will crash.

I too am coming from a Pearl - but even there with OS updates I have had my Pearl at about 9 mb with only a tiny bit of noticeable lag.
    08-03-09 01:57 PM
    fill it up as much as you want. enough space to store it all. just make sure its stuff you know you use.
    08-03-09 03:06 PM
    I also have plenty of apps installed. I boot up at 95 and usually plataeu off at 78ish. I have. Quickpull installed though, so every morning I have it scheduled to restart at 6 AM to free up that memory again. It probably isn't necessary, but why not?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 03:11 PM
    used ShrinkOS to clear up an additional 30-35Mb. i boot up at around 130Mb and typically don't fall below 120Mb. The sample video alone is 6Mb!

I have 21 3rd party apps installed too

+1 for daily QL reset!

Last edited by Naman919; 08-03-09 at 03:26 PM.
    08-03-09 03:21 PM
    The Storm needs 10ish...I would imagine it's similar with the Tour.

However, I had seen posts on here of people's phone running prefectly with 0.0MB of app mem.
    08-03-09 03:50 PM
    hmm good to know thanks for the response all. I have been loading up apps left and right and I while I might not use them all the time my rule is if I dont use it 3 weeks dump it.

I havent dropped below 69mb.. so its all good
    08-19-09 01:59 AM
    I don't think the Tour would have problems with memory unless someone truly set out to overload it on purpose. 60-70MB is still a lot of space for the OS to function well, and that has to come from a base OS with lots and lots of third-party apps. Therefore I don't think there'd be a problem as far as memory goes.

used ShrinkOS to clear up an additional 30-35Mb. i boot up at around 130Mb and typically don't fall below 120Mb. The sample video alone is 6Mb!
    Same here, paired with irtehun's hybrid. Boots at 138~ and hasn't gone lower than 136.
    08-19-09 02:38 AM
    I'm at 53 mb on my Bold with archiving of some apps... but I found that I need at least 11 mb or more to keep it running without lag.

But damn, you Tour'ers should have double the memory of the Bold and shouldn't be anywhere less than 70 mb minimum. Maybe as more OS releases are out, memory will really stabilise.
    08-19-09 04:11 AM
    I don't think the Tour would have problems with memory unless someone truly set out to overload it on purpose. 60-70MB is still a lot of space for the OS to function well, and that has to come from a base OS with lots and lots of third-party apps. Therefore I don't think there'd be a problem as far as memory goes.

Same here, paired with irtehun's hybrid. Boots at 138~ and hasn't gone lower than 136.
    Same here and I agree with this!
    08-19-09 04:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD