so i just called my local verizon store to a) check if they had gotten their shipment of tours in and b) see what i would have to do sunday morning to get mine before i leave to the beach.

i've had my two year upgrade available since april, and i waited to use it for the tour.

well, when i asked to see if my mother (the primary line) would have to be with me to upgrade my phone, the rep told me that because they only have a limited supply, they aren't going to let me upgrade to a tour because they are saving them for new customers. she then said i would probably have to just order it online.

is anyone else's store doing this?! this is ridiculous.
    Last edited by heidiii; 07-10-09 at 02:48 PM.
    07-10-09 01:23 PM
    I don't think they can do that, can they? It's a phone, not a ******.

I'd call the Verizon 800 number and ask.

Was this an authroized reseller or a company store?
    07-10-09 01:24 PM
    it happens

edit: and yes they can, its entirely up to their managers discretion as far as what they want to do with the phones

edit 2: calling customer care wont do anything. customer care doesnt run a retail store.
    07-10-09 01:24 PM
    it happens

edit: and yes they can, its entirely up to their managers discretion as far as what they want to do with the phones

edit 2: calling customer care wont do anything. customer care doesnt run a retail store.
    Wow.

I do stand corrected.
    07-10-09 01:27 PM
    it's an actual company store.

i don't think they can do this either?! they should be more concerned about taking care of their current customers than bringing in new ones. >:|

edit: ahh. well that makes sense, i guess. but it's still dumb.
    07-10-09 01:27 PM

i don't think they can do this either?! they should be more concerned about taking care of their current customers than bringing in new ones. >:|
    its all about growth.

bringing in new customers is growth.
    07-10-09 01:29 PM

Are you sure it's an actual store? Authorized Resellers can look JUST LIKE a real Verizon store.
    07-10-09 01:29 PM
    Ah well that sucks.. Sucks but it's only 2 more days you'd have to wait hopefully
    07-10-09 01:30 PM
    Are you sure it's an actual store? Authorized Resellers can look JUST LIKE a real Verizon store.
    well, it's its own building with the verizon logo and everything. it's relatively new, they only built it a few years ago. i've always assumed it's a real verizon store. : /

Ah well that sucks.. Sucks but it's only 2 more days you'd have to wait hopefully
    well, that's partly why i'm ticked about it. i'm supposed to leave for the beach on sunday and i won't return until friday. so i'll have to wait a whole week before i can get it. grrr.
    07-10-09 01:34 PM
    I find it hard to believe that they would stick to this in person. Over the phone fine, but once you're in the store you're a "real" sale. The last thing I would imagine they'd want is you to leave without spending anything. I'd show up anyways if I were you.
    07-10-09 01:38 PM
    Heidiii, my advice to you is to set up a MyVerizon account for your mother online, since she's the primary and order the Tour online. I had to do this, since I'm not the primary for my account.

They're going to ask for an account password, and if you don't know it, call Verizon Customer Service. The rep will need to speak to your mom for a minute to verify that she is the account holder. Once you get the account password, setting up a MyVerizon account won't be a problem. From her account, you should be able to upgrade any eligible phone in your family plan.

You might get the phone a few days later but you'll avoid a massive in-store headache. This is why I pre-ordered. There is no consistency amongst the individual Verizon stores.
    Last edited by calikola; 07-10-09 at 01:42 PM.
    07-10-09 01:40 PM
    well, it's its own building with the verizon logo and everything. it's relatively new, they only built it a few years ago. i've always assumed it's a real verizon store. : /

well, that's partly why i'm ticked about it. i'm supposed to leave for the beach on sunday and i won't return until friday. so i'll have to wait a whole week before i can get it. grrr.
    What about the option of buying it at your vacation spot.

forkup
    07-10-09 01:42 PM

Ah well atleast you wont' get sand in it
    07-10-09 01:43 PM
    you would think they would want to give them as a first come first serve basis, if not the existing customer should get one first

return customers are 80% of the business and should be treated just as good as a new customer since they provide 80% of the revenue (true business fact)
    07-10-09 01:46 PM
    That's a rather crappy attitude for them to take. Tell them you will buy one as a new customer .... for Sprint
    07-10-09 01:46 PM
    I find it hard to believe that they would stick to this in person. Over the phone fine, but once you're in the store you're a "real" sale. The last thing I would imagine they'd want is you to leave without spending anything. I'd show up anyways if I were you.
    i'm gonna try this. i can understand the whole growth thing, but it just doesn't really make sense to me that they would refuse a sale? money is money, no matter who you get it from.

and i know i could always just order it, but i don't want that brand new phone to sit on my front porch for a week while i'm at the beach just begging for someone to steal it. plus, our fedex guy hates us anyway. with a previous phone delivery, he knocked once and immediately left before anyone could get to the door. so now he's decided to be a **** and alwaaaaays requires signatures for us to accept a package, even when there's a note on the door politely asking to waive the signature.
    07-10-09 01:51 PM
    i'm gonna try this. i can understand the whole growth thing, but it just doesn't really make sense to me that they would refuse a sale? money is money, no matter who you get it from.

and i know i could always just order it, but i don't want that brand new phone to sit on my front porch for a week while i'm at the beach just begging for someone to steal it. plus, our fedex guy hates us anyway. with a previous phone delivery, he knocked once and immediately left before anyone could get to the door. so now he's decided to be a **** and alwaaaaays requires signatures for us to accept a package, even when there's a note on the door politely asking to waive the signature.
    if i got 4 new lines of service wanting tours and 1 customer asking for an upgrade to the tour, better believe im taking the new lines.

edit: trust me, theres plenty of times where people have wanted to upgrade and ive walked em out lol
    07-10-09 01:53 PM
    Ah well atleast you wont' get sand in it
    Why do I get the feeling this has a double meaning?
    07-10-09 01:55 PM
    if i got 4 new lines of service wanting tours and 1 customer asking for an upgrade to the tour, better believe im taking the new lines.

edit: trust me, theres plenty of times where people have wanted to upgrade and ive walked em out lol
    i guess it would be more understandable if we were talking about a highly publicized phone here, but i just can't really see that many new customers coming in to buy a tour for a good while after the phone has already been out, since there's been virtually no advertising.
    07-10-09 01:57 PM
    be thankful you can even get it at launch.

yes, im an employee, but im still a consumer as i pay them money every month as you do. i dont even have the option of getting it in store, only online and because of the employee discount i prob wont be able to get it for at least a month.

you'd think that as an employee id have it first. but i dont. lifes not fair, ya just suck it up and deal with it.
    07-10-09 01:58 PM
    "i've had my two year upgrade available since april, and i waited to use it for the tour."

can't you just say your going to cancel your line if you don't get the upgrade?
    another option is to call every Verizon store between your home and destination spot until you find one that will set one aside. First store I called said "No reserves, first come/first serve". Second store I called will have mine waiting for me at 10 a.m.

Sure its a little bit further out of my way, but also is going to be new "go-to store".

This is a horrible, horrible business practice and a bad way to treat customers that supposedly provide 80% of your company's revenue.

Shame on you....
    07-10-09 01:59 PM
    I'm sorry, but that is REALLY funny.
    it's funny in an "are you serious?!" kind of way.

and to the person who suggested buying the phone at the beach, i COULD do that and if all else fails i might. but it's just going to be a hassle. buying my tour wasn't really something i had planned to do while on vacation. lol.
    07-10-09 02:01 PM

You verizon reps are so slimey it makes me sick.

I was in there yesterday and about went nuts with all the add-ons they were pushing to customers. I get it and have worked in retail before, but to the extent you push the innocent people around is ridiculous. You guys take advantage of these wide-eyed clueless people.

Greedy Corporate America makes me dissappointed sometimes. (I'm american. let's not go there)

aaaaaaaand deep-breath-count-to-ten....whew.
    07-10-09 02:04 PM
100 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD