So I wasn't happy with my Tour for a few reasons one being the battery cover was lose two being the screen ripples and three being the top right corner of my phone coming off. So I called Verizon Friday night and they said that I could take it into the store and get it replaced no questions asked.

So today I go to the mall store tell the woman at the counter my story and she asks to see what was wrong with the phone so I point it out to her in which she replies "hold on one second" as she goes into the back room with my phone. She comes out 10 mins later with a just opened phone and tells me that she cannot see any of the three problems I describe and denies me a replacement (I am within my thirty day replacement thing).

Flash foreward to tonight I call Verizon CS as I keep feeling the bump in the top right corner (My hand is drawn to imperfections on things once I notice them) and I am generally annoyed. I get to tech support they say the can give me a replacement 100% brand new in box wrapped etc but they have to either charge a credit card or my account $366 dollars as collateral in case I don't return the current phone so I ask them to put it on my bill.

Now I am not the main account holder however I am authorized by him to make changes... I am honestly imagining him over reacting when he goes and checks the bill. -Sighs- I just want this to be Wednesday and have it shipped back already and have my new (hopefully perfect) device in my hands.
    07-25-09 08:56 PM
    I would have told the mall store lady that the phone she had was the very one that you wanted - there were no glitches! If she refused to exchange it, then talk to her supervisor. Obviously, what you have going on isn't user error. They're common problems.

If she'd been so adamant about not exchanging it, then either hit another store, or said fine, I'm returning this one and I want to buy the one in your hand instead. Capeesh?
    07-25-09 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD