Post all your videos, questions and experiences about the trackball in here.

ANYTHING TRACKBALL GOES HERE
    Last edited by cereal killer; 08-25-09 at 01:13 AM.
    08-25-09 01:09 AM
    Are you upset at your Tour? You are starting a lot of official threads
    08-25-09 01:16 AM
    Why not let a mod merge the existing threads rather than create yet another one?

There's already trackball problem threads that can be considered sicky-able - and this thread is just more wasted space on an already well beaten topic.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 01:20 AM
    Why not let a mod merge the existing threads rather than create yet another one?

When? After we have to wade through another thousand? No thanks.
    08-25-09 01:26 AM
    When? After we have to wade through another thousand? No thanks.
    Have you asked them to, or just assuming they won't?

08-25-09 01:31 AM
    Hmmm. I noticed that 70/70 works perfectly in the browser, but 70/70 doesn't register well at the home screen. I wonder if it is SOMEWHAT related to software.

08-25-09 06:48 AM
    There's already trackball problem threads that can be considered sicky-able - and this thread is just more wasted space on an already well beaten topic.
    +1 for sticky a trackball thread... afterall, there's a sticky bluetooth thread which is a far less common or complained about problem. I started a thread that's buried now that was a poll asking whether people's trackballs work properly... wanted it sticky but no dice.
    08-25-09 07:11 AM
    The latest info on the Blackberry Tour Trackball problem-Information comes from Sprint and also RIM-
    As of yesterday I just about had it with this Trackball business with the 9630. After spending an hour and half on the phone with sprint, I finally got someone to call RIM and RIM annouced officially that they are aware of the issue with the trackball it is known and they are working on a resolution to fix the problem-which means there could be a possible recall. However-from what I was also told yesterday there was a certain batch of Tours that were release that fall in with certain serial number bracket which will have the issue with the trackball problem. Needless to say i will be picking up my third tour today. RIM stated-that they are aware with the horizontal movement of the trackball on the tour and also how movement is not smooth. Currently Verizon and Sprint are both aware of the issue too and are waiting on RIM/Blackberry to justify the situation. So what does this mean to you as the consumer-protect yourself-keep your paper work/as soon as you start seeing a issue with the trackball-call RIM or your service provider. The more complaints that go in about this situation-hopefully there will be something done about this.
    In the Blackberry forums there has been a major ammount of post about the Trackball issue. Please see this link for the forum site:
    Tour 9630 Trackball issue - BlackBerry® Tour™ 9630 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Corporate Head Office
    Research In Motion
    295 Phillip Street
    Waterloo, Ontario
    Canada N2L 3W8

tel: (519) 888-7465
    fax: (519) 888-7884
    08-25-09 07:18 AM
    What makes it official?

I guess it doesn't matter, my trackball works great from day 1
    08-25-09 07:23 AM
    Information is for people are having a problem if you are not having a problem more power to you.
    08-25-09 10:02 AM
    The latest info on the Blackberry Tour Trackball problem-Information comes from Sprint and also RIM-
    As of yesterday I just about had it with this Trackball business with the 9630. After spending an hour and half on the phone with sprint, I finally got someone to call RIM and RIM annouced officially that they are aware of the issue with the trackball it is known and they are working on a resolution to fix the problem-which means there could be a possible recall. However-from what I was also told yesterday there was a certain batch of Tours that were release that fall in with certain serial number bracket which will have the issue with the trackball problem. Needless to say i will be picking up my third tour today. RIM stated-that they are aware with the horizontal movement of the trackball on the tour and also how movement is not smooth. Currently Verizon and Sprint are both aware of the issue too and are waiting on RIM/Blackberry to justify the situation. So what does this mean to you as the consumer-protect yourself-keep your paper work/as soon as you start seeing a issue with the trackball-call RIM or your service provider. The more complaints that go in about this situation-hopefully there will be something done about this.
    In the Blackberry forums there has been a major ammount of post about the Trackball issue. Please see this link for the forum site:
    Tour 9630 Trackball issue - BlackBerry® Tour™ 9630 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Corporate Head Office
    Research In Motion
    295 Phillip Street
    Waterloo, Ontario
    Canada N2L 3W8

tel: (519) 888-7465
    fax: (519) 888-7884
    Not sure about anything official, but I was one that had a perfect working trackball from the first batch (bought on that Sunday morning). It was a little gritty but great. Then it wasn't great. Went from 70/70 to 80/70 then it was great again but now....90/70 and it is acting up. I just went back to 70/70 and completely unusable. Matter of fact it is exactly like the video on the forums. Either way....I called Tech support, told her everything and she did not hesitate to say she was shipping me another Tour immediately. Nothing brought up at all about me being well beyond 30 day period.
    I was one that thought it was software related, but I now say it is hardware. Shouldn't have to feather and it should not feel gritty at all is what I was told.
    08-25-09 10:20 AM
    Received replacement phone today. No "Green Dot" on package or phone so can only hope that this is not another Tour that will develop the Track Ball problem again.
    08-25-09 10:28 AM
    Not sure about anything official, but I was one that had a perfect working trackball from the first batch (bought on that Sunday morning). It was a little gritty but great. Then it wasn't great. Went from 70/70 to 80/70 then it was great again but now....90/70 and it is acting up. I just went back to 70/70 and completely unusable. Matter of fact it is exactly like the video on the forums. Either way....I called Tech support, told her everything and she did not hesitate to say she was shipping me another Tour immediately. Nothing brought up at all about me being well beyond 30 day period.
    I was one that thought it was software related, but I now say it is hardware. Shouldn't have to feather and it should not feel gritty at all is what I was told.
    Sounds like I had your tours sibling...it started off great then after 41 days it was useable unless it was on setting 90/70. Yesterday I returned in the store without an issue. My new one is working great...I sure hope it stays that way....
    08-25-09 10:28 AM
    Yeah I hope so cause it's not even useful to come here anymore with 6 threads on the main page with the same problem
    08-25-09 10:29 AM
    I think someone should tell every Tour owner with a remotely malfunctioning trackball to return it to VZW now because these green dot tours are what we've all been waiting for.
    08-25-09 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD