Thought I would start this thread. It's intended to compare common features - i.e. speed, ease of use, etc. between the Storm and Tour. I would put the following as top comparison categories. Use blue for positive comments to the Tour or negative to the Storm and Red for negative comments on the Tour or positive for the Storm.

Browser speed: Storm was 3x faster

Typing: I started getting used to Suretype but real keyboard is clearly better.

Voice quality: MUCH BETTER WITH TOUR
    Coverage (i.e. no. of bars): Tour has some wierd periods where it lapses into 1x ev instead of 1XEV and browser and email send speeds are VERY SLOW.

Battery life: Tour beats the Storm by 3 to 1 in life - makes sense - same battery powering a much smaller screen.

Memory: [COLOR="Navy"]My Tour is in the 135 MB range constantly vs. 20 MB with the Storm. Strangely, apps and browser, etc. don't seem faster![/COLOR]

Feel free to join in - preferably Storm owners who converted will chime in!
    07-14-09 07:37 AM
    Overal Construction: - They learned from the Storm and the Tour is more solid except issues some have with battery door
    07-14-09 08:37 AM
    I have a Storm and I just got my wife the Tour yesterday. Sorry I don't know how to wtite in colors.

Pros:
    1. If your a beginner like my wife the tour is very easy to get used to.
    2. The tour is very light and from what I have seen so far it does not burn hot like the storm.
    3. Even if you have small hand the phone still fits in your hand quite nicely.
    4. Peppy like a bb should be.
    5. Got it for a hundred bucks at Best Buys
    6. The keyboard is amazing

Cons:
    1. No 5.0 os
    2. I mean hey, no matter what you say touchscreen is cool, and it doesn't have it.
    3. No themes for it yet. (And I understand that this will be resolve in a couple days.)
    4. Speaker is not anywhere as loud as the storm

Let me know if you have anything to add or disagree
    Last edited by viperray23; 07-14-09 at 09:35 AM.
    07-14-09 09:05 AM
    pros..

--browser is A LOT faster then the storms
    --OS is very fast
    --no lagging
    --sceen is a lot brighter and crisper
    --call quailty is a lot better then the storm
    --better signal then the storm

Cons..

screen is not as big as the storm
    07-14-09 09:08 AM
    How is the speaker?
    07-14-09 09:31 AM
    so what is the conclusion on the browser of the tour? one says faster the other says slower.
    07-15-09 06:28 PM

Browser speed: Storm was 3x faster

I am really confused that this is your result?

because I have them both here and this is exactly the opposite..
    07-15-09 06:42 PM
    There are more than enough Storm - Tour comparison threads.
    07-15-09 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD