11-21-09 12:03 AM
26 12
tools
    I'm trying to determine how common this is and if a return is required (since the nearest vzw store is 90 miles away - its gotta be worth it).

When I make a phone call I hear a hiss as a part of the call once its connected. Evetnaully and sometimes it fades away. Its annoying because I use the phone a lot. Otherwise this phone is great.

What I'm doing is seeing how common this is and making a place in this thread to collect data and possible solutions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by zoomy942; 07-26-09 at 03:22 PM.
    07-26-09 03:17 PM
    Its the speaker-nothing you can do about it. Swapping it out for a new one probably won't help either...sorry. Gonna have to deal with it...

07-26-09 03:26 PM
    So its everyones?

07-26-09 04:18 PM
    The hiss you are hearing might be comming from the LCD, I think I have the same problem on mine.

When the LCD dims off, it seems to go away?
    07-26-09 05:51 PM
    I got absolutely no hiss of any sort on mine.
    It could be your LCD backlight. Some make a high pitch buzz on certain brightness settings. Try and set your backlight level higher or lower and see if it makes a difference.

07-26-09 06:12 PM
    I hear it on mine too. Really annoying...

07-26-09 06:14 PM
    You know everyone's hearing is different. Some may be able to hear the high pitch noise and others not.. So a tread is not going to be such a good topic on this. Some may be def and not hear it at all
    07-26-09 06:17 PM
    hmm. i will try thr LCD thing right now. i might ask for a FRU but i havent decided yet

07-26-09 07:04 PM
    Tried it and its the same no ,atter the LCD or phone sound settings. I notice it will get louder as I turn up the volume.

07-26-09 07:15 PM
    I called vzw today and they were more than happy to send a wOrry free replacement

If you have the hiss call em up.

07-27-09 11:47 AM
    i have the hiss too. 2 different ones actually... one when the phone's lcd is on and one when making a call. no hiss when using bluetooth. anyone make a swap for a new one because of the hiss? if so, did u get one with or w/o the hiss?
    08-04-09 03:40 PM
    I have the hiss as well. I am going to bring it in for a new one this week.
    08-04-09 03:50 PM
    I have the hiss as well. I am going to bring it in for a new one this week.
    post how you make out. supposedly this is a common problem. not as common as others though...
    08-06-09 04:11 PM
    I also have the hiss. It stays the same no matter how low or loud the volume. Some times its not noticeable but most of the time it is there. Its not the lcd, atleast not on mine.

08-06-09 04:39 PM
    Take it back. or at least call 800.922.0204. they are extremely helpful

08-06-09 05:35 PM
    Some may be def and not hear it at all
    I'm guessing there aren't a ton of deaf people out there reading a thread about "phone call hiss"... j/k!
    08-06-09 05:52 PM
    No hiss at all on mine.

08-06-09 06:02 PM
    I have the same problem with my phone. It's funny how some of my friends can hear it but others can't. I took mine back last week and the girl said she couldn't hear any hissing. She still replaced it, with me not even asking to have it replaced. Guess what - i hear the same hissing on the new phone. In my opinion it's not worth taking it back. Hopefully it can be fixed with an update.
    08-06-09 06:17 PM
    I'm trying to determine how common this is and if a return is required (since the nearest vzw store is 90 miles away - its gotta be worth it).

When I make a phone call I hear a hiss as a part of the call once its connected. Evetnaully and sometimes it fades away. Its annoying because I use the phone a lot. Otherwise this phone is great.

What I'm doing is seeing how common this is and making a place in this thread to collect data and possible solutions.

I had to swap my phone 3 times for other reasons, the hiss not being one of them and I hear the hiss in all of them. Now my wife's, friends and employees that have the same phone also have the same hiss coming out of the speaker, I know, its absolutely annoying!!! but i DO love this phone.
    08-06-09 09:01 PM
    without getting all technical the hiss is a high frequency noise and some people cant hear that high of a frequency. it has nothing to do with someone's ability to hear or not

the hiss i have heard is whenever the lcd is lit.

so far i checked out my coworker's tour and heard the hiss on his while he didnt hear it at all. i handed him mine and he heard it. mine is louder in volume than his.

i dont think it is worth an exchange considering the possibility of getting a new tour with one of the many worse problems and/or getting one that still has the hiss

thoughts?
    08-13-09 09:11 AM
    My high pitch noise seems to stop after the backlight shuts off. I can also only hear it in my right ear, must be going deaf on the left side.
    08-13-09 12:50 PM
    My high pitch noise seems to stop after the backlight shuts off. I can also only hear it in my right ear, must be going deaf on the left side.
    mine is only on when the backlight is on too. keeping yours or going to swap it for another?
    08-13-09 02:13 PM
    Hiss here too. Doesn't happen very often, though.
    08-13-09 02:38 PM
    Its only Day 3, we'll see if any other issues pop up in the next few weeks before I think about a swap. Battery life and battery cover being a little loose may just be something you have to live with. Pros outweigh the cons so far.
    08-14-09 02:11 PM

why would you drive 200 miles to a verizon store when you can simply pick up the phone andcall verizon and have them send you out a phone Fed-Ex 2 day? thats extreamly stupid if you drive 200 miles round trip to a verizon store. use some common sense
    08-14-09 03:39 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD