My Tour recently started becoming slower. It wouldn't open icons right away and when I press the menu button (BB button) it displays about 15 different browser icons and very few of the icons I should have. I tried a battery pull and it didn't change anything. Any suggestions? I've been all over the virus forums but can't find anything remotley close to this issue. Please help!
    06-28-10 10:36 PM
    Good grief! What a weird issue you have here.
    First, welcome to Crackberry.

Has there been any physical damage done to your phone? Dropped, wet, etc? What OS build are you using? If you are unfamiliar with how to check, go into OPTIONS < ABOUT < you will see v4.7.##### or v5.0.0.####. Often this information is helpful as bugs and issues vary by the build number of the OS on the device.

Have to tried to contact your carrier regarding the issue? You may recall, when you first turn on a new blackberry that hasn't been registered/synced up with a carrier there is no browser icon. Once setup and added onto the BIS/BES the browser will appear. Perhaps this has something to do with your issue as well. It sounds very much like an issue with service books and your carrier can help you walk through the ones to keep and ones to get rid of should you need assistance in that.
    06-29-10 09:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD