The storm finally has 5.0 and the tour owners (among others) are left hanging? Come on! There can't be that much difference between the storm os and the tour's os. I might just have to go leaked after all. Anyone able to shed some light on the release for the tour?
    10-26-09 09:13 AM
    I am sure it will come. I will wait for the official version, mine is running great on the original OS
    10-26-09 09:17 AM
    I am sure it will come. I will wait for the official version, mine is running great on the original OS
    Same here!
    10-26-09 09:23 AM
    Yeah...me too. Why upgrade if it runs well, even with the new changes. I will make sure I have a good backup, have backed up 3rd party apps, and fully understand the process before I consider upgrading.
    10-26-09 09:27 AM
    waa waa waa.

Storm owners are finding features that the Tour (4.7.1) has included for some time (like the daily alarm as a calendar event).
    10-26-09 09:36 AM
    The official Verizon Storm OS had the alarm in the calendar before 5.0
    10-26-09 10:51 AM
    The storm finally has 5.0 and the tour owners (among others) are left hanging? Come on! There can't be that much difference between the storm os and the tour's os. I might just have to go leaked after all. Anyone able to shed some light on the release for the tour?
    Supposedly the Tour's internals are the same as the Storms (or so I've heard way back when the Tour itself was just a rumor). But there's a HUGE difference between the the OS the devices run. One's meant for a touch screen, the other is not.

I WANT to say "be patient"....but yeah, sometimes I feel like mine's also running out. When I first read this morning that OS 5 had been released for the Storm...first thing I said was "WTF!!!" OS 5 for the Tour CAN'T be too far behind though....
    10-26-09 11:37 AM
    Guys come on chill out *wow*

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 11:47 AM
    I agree I want 5.0 on the tour.. I upgraded to 5.0 on my storm last night but I want it on my tour as I dont use the storm
    10-26-09 11:55 AM
    I have to say that OS 4.7 which is loaded onto the Tour works great...I noticed that sometimes if you flip from phone use, SMS, email box etc. back to home screen to quick that the screen goes blank white...gotta press the exit buttom or trackball in to clear it but otherwises, I'll wait for an offical release, read the treads, findings and fixes before I do anything.
    10-26-09 11:58 AM
    OS 5.0 will come for the Tour, we all know that. Having installed .230 on my Tour, i have only noticed a few cosmetic and a handful of feature changes/additions (maybe there is more going on in he background).

My biggest complaints thus far is that Verizon is awfully slow to the plate with new software releases and RIM dropped the ball with DM for Mac (unable to properly load leaked software - had to poison my MacBook with a windows partition..)

At the end of the day Verizon dropped this for Storm users for a variety of reasons - they've bitched and moaned for a year, and Verizon/RIM dropped the ball when they released a device with poor hardware (referring to the whole one center button) and **** poor software.
    10-26-09 12:12 PM
    Guys come on chill out *wow*
    ^ Did I miss something here?

I'm willing to bet that 5.0 will be released on all compatible devices within the next 1-2 weeks (probably sooner).
    10-26-09 12:12 PM
    Same here. I'm excited for the drop for the Today Theme but I am more than happy with the current OS. Going from a Storm OS to a Tour OS is like going from the darkness into the light.
    10-26-09 12:19 PM
    ^ Did I miss something here?

I'm willing to bet that 5.0 will be released on all compatible devices within the next 1-2 weeks (probably sooner).
    Hope so!!!
    10-26-09 12:32 PM
    I agree. I'd be surprised if the 5.0 doesn't drop before Thanksgiving.
    10-26-09 12:44 PM
    When it comes out it comes out. I have no problems except that I can't get a ringtone for my emails or delete them from here and my inbox without going on my computer. So ill just wait tell it gets going I guess.

10-26-09 12:54 PM
    5.0 should be rolling out within the next few weeks hopfully to the rest of the blackberrys... well see though
    10-26-09 02:20 PM
    The anticipation is building. I ran the leaked version and loved it aside of some communication errors that made me have to downgrade.

I just want threaded SMS, no theme lag and faster boot times (all of which I had with the leaked OS). It will be like Christmas in November!

10-26-09 02:33 PM
    Is 5.0 significantly faster? I love my tour but I can't stand the EPIC boot time. My computer boots up faster.
    10-26-09 02:45 PM
    Hahaha.. Wow. The storm was out WAY before the tour.. Also the storm had more problems and complaints that news to be taken care of. But also, i am anxious to see how the 5.0 OS will turn out for the tour.

10-26-09 02:55 PM
    Tour was right up there too when it came to problems/complaints....well, before RIM decided to get their ish together and start building better quality 9630's (devices built after mid August) .
    10-26-09 03:32 PM
    (unable to properly load leaked software - had to poison my MacBook with a windows partition..)
    You could alwaays get a windows pc and not have to poison your mac

10-26-09 04:37 PM
    Is 5.0 significantly faster? I love my tour but I can't stand the EPIC boot time. My computer boots up faster.
    Usually when people are talking about device speed they don't mean boot time...

Besides the .238 hybrid has been solid for me, so I'm not really in any kind of a hurry.
    10-26-09 04:39 PM
    The boot time isn't noticeably quicker, but you do get a cool little bar to look at instead of an hourglass.... if that helps
    10-26-09 04:48 PM
    I guess the official 5.0 for our tours is just around the corner since devices running 5.0 OOTB is starting to be sold starting on the 28th (storm2)..

10-26-09 05:05 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD