Sorry to say but, you may have to take a man with you. Some people in our society do not respect women the same way. Just take a man to stand with you. Boyfriend, husband brother, bum on the street. It doesn't matter. Do not leave the store until you are satisfied. They will make you happy to make you leave. If not, give them the "I will just check out Verizon" line and watch them twitch. I promise they will not let you take the $800-$1200/yr to another carrier. Be diligent and be pissed. Don't let them see you back down. Don't let them give you "call retention" crap either. Stores have managers to make these decisions.

I am new to BB, but not new to phones. I have been with Sprint for 12 Yrs and always get what I want.
    You're ASSUMING A LOT of things. Some people may apply a pro-male mindset to their approach...but I don't think gender has a role in this issue.
    08-22-09 03:22 PM
    You're ASSUMING A LOT of things. Some people may apply a pro-male mindset to their approach...but I don't think gender has a role in this issue.
    Didn't mean to offend you. Have a lovely day.
    08-22-09 03:26 PM
    The OP was simply venting. After five phones I'd be pissed too. I lucked up on the first one and have had no issues yet.

All of you who are fighting need to knock it off and act like mature responsible adults. If you like your phone great, don't resort to name calling like a five year old. If you don't, that doesn't mean there needs to be five hundred posts about how bad the phone sucks. All this is doing is creating animosity on these forums. You're all stating your opinions on a product and you are not going to change each others views, You all need to back up off each other and act like a mature responsible adult.
    08-22-09 03:41 PM
    Folks,

I had to delete 9 posts from this thread, that were either off topic, or bordering on personal attacks. I am just issuing this general warning. Please be more thoughtful in your postings, and remember......

..... from our Posting Rules & Guidelines.....

Post in the Right Forum
    We’ve done our best to layout the forum categories so they are logical and make sense. When you are creating a new thread, do your best to get it in the right category. We want these forums to be value added and educational. The General CrackBerry Discussion and General RIM/BlackBerry Discussion are good places to post if you have a serious question but are not quite sure where to put it. These forums are less stringently moderated, while specific forums (BlackBerry 8700 Series for example) are more strictly moderated to maintain their quality and usefulness.

And of course, we also have the Off-Topic Discussion forum. This is the place on the site to have fun and talk about whatever. From sports to the weather to what to buy your girlfriend for her birthday (buying her a new blackberry is always a good thing), anything goes in here. Just remember to keep it clean, keep it productive and keep it legal!

Make Meaningful Posts
    While CrackBerry.com is geared as much towards entertaining and connecting the Crackberry community as it is to helping solve problems and staying on top of news and rumors, all posts made within the site should be value added and on topic to the thread (even in the free for all). Hijacking a thread off-topic is a big No-No, and posts made for no reason other than to increase post count will be wiped from the site.

Personal Attacks
    Do not flame, insult or post personal attacks against other users. Be courteous, not rude. Any instances or reports of harassment of members will be treated seriously. CrackBerry.com has a zero tolerance policy against this kind of behavior, which may result with an immediate temporary or permanent ban at moderators' discretion. CrackBerry.com is a friendly place - treat members with respect at all times. If you don't have something nice to say, do not say it!

Reporting a bad post
    There is a "Report bad post" button on the top right side of each post (red/white triangle) or you can send a PM to a moderator.

We now return you to your regularly schedule thread already in progress!
    08-22-09 03:52 PM
    Ok, so I just got home. Two people there, both morons.

The girl got the first Tour, I said DON'T take the bigger screen protector off, she says ok, hands me the phone, it has a bit of ripple but track ball is great, and then I notice she removed it, she said oh I forgot sorry, I said well go off and get another one. She calls her manager over that says maam we cannot exchange it because of a screen protector. I said SHE removed it, I know I will scratch the screen up because I get a good protector and I told her not to and she agreed. He said I just cant do it unless something is wrong with the phone.

I said there see all that ripple? He said they all do it, I said not THAT bad, now go get another one, at this time customers start to walk in, he says he cannot. I started getting pissed at this point and he goes back to get one. The customer said whats wrong, I said oh nothing, this phone has been giving me problems and they refuse to replace it, I will never come back here again. He said thats enough maam I got you another one, I said its the truth though isnt it? You heard me ***** and you knew I wouldnt stfu so you went and got one.

So the second one was TERRIBLE, even he couldnt get the trackball to work, he says I will go get a curve, I said WHY? He said, well, I cannot sit here all day and go through phones, I said bull **** you cant. He said maam we have to activate them before you can touch them, making them used after that, I said wow you cannot do your job can you?

I can tell you that I am going to sit here ALL day and go through these until I find the perfect one for me, he said maam and then you will be depleting my stock, I said well your the ***** that wants to activate all of them. So on number 5, I had a perfect speaker, and perfect trackball, screen ripple but ohwell.

I explained that advanced tech and Damien told me to keep exchanging them at the store, and he said who is Damien, I said someone that can get you fired in a second. I explained the situation and explained that he is the only person that I contact at Sprint and he is WAY above that manager at the store or whatever he was, and then he started to basically kiss my ***. Giving me his business card for any future "issues".

Needless to say I will never ever go to a sprint store again. They were really rude and lazy there, and if you have to excuse yourself to go outside and smoke while I mess with the phone, you don't need to be working there lol.

I will be talking to Sprint about all of the misinformation, but I will have Damien do it because I do not know the right people to tell.

I just hope my track ball stays working
    08-22-09 05:17 PM
    Ok, so I just got home. Two people there, both morons.

The girl got the first Tour, I said DON'T take the bigger screen protector off, she says ok, hands me the phone, it has a bit of ripple but track ball is great, and then I notice she removed it, she said oh I forgot sorry, I said well go off and get another one. She calls her manager over that says maam we cannot exchange it because of a screen protector. I said SHE removed it, I know I will scratch the screen up because I get a good protector and I told her not to and she agreed. He said I just cant do it unless something is wrong with the phone.

I said there see all that ripple? He said they all do it, I said not THAT bad, now go get another one, at this time customers start to walk in, he says he cannot. I started getting pissed at this point and he goes back to get one. The customer said whats wrong, I said oh nothing, this phone has been giving me problems and they refuse to replace it, I will never come back here again. He said thats enough maam I got you another one, I said its the truth though isnt it? You heard me ***** and you knew I wouldnt stfu so you went and got one.

So the second one was TERRIBLE, even he couldnt get the trackball to work, he says I will go get a curve, I said WHY? He said, well, I cannot sit here all day and go through phones, I said bull **** you cant. He said maam we have to activate them before you can touch them, making them used after that, I said wow you cannot do your job can you?

I can tell you that I am going to sit here ALL day and go through these until I find the perfect one for me, he said maam and then you will be depleting my stock, I said well your the ***** that wants to activate all of them. So on number 5, I had a perfect speaker, and perfect trackball, screen ripple but ohwell.

I explained that advanced tech and Damien told me to keep exchanging them at the store, and he said who is Damien, I said someone that can get you fired in a second. I explained the situation and explained that he is the only person that I contact at Sprint and he is WAY above that manager at the store or whatever he was, and then he started to basically kiss my ***. Giving me his business card for any future "issues".

Needless to say I will never ever go to a sprint store again. They were really rude and lazy there, and if you have to excuse yourself to go outside and smoke while I mess with the phone, you don't need to be working there lol.

I will be talking to Sprint about all of the misinformation, but I will have Damien do it because I do not know the right people to tell.

I just hope my track ball stays working
    Sorry to say but, you may have to take a man with you. Some people in our society do not respect women the same way. Just take a man to stand with you.
    Now; what was that again?
    08-22-09 06:03 PM
    Girl power!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 09:50 PM
    SUCKS! T MOBILE is better
    09-27-09 05:19 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD