So I have had the tour since it came out and my previous phone was the moto q which I loved. So I got the tour and thought it was amazing but not that amazing but yesterday I upraded to 5.0.0.230 and my opinion of the phone is completly different now. The tour is absoulutly the best phone out there if you have 5.230 on it. This software better become official in october because I now think the tour is better than the Iphone and the Palm Pre combined. I always was a little jealous of iphones and Pre's but not anymore the tour is absolutly amazing. Now all RIM needs is a really good app world.
    Last edited by patseg2; 10-03-09 at 08:19 PM.
    10-03-09 08:13 PM
    what made you jealous of the iphone and the palm pre before?
    10-03-09 08:29 PM
    The new 5.0 os is really great. I'm glad your happy about it. Congrats!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-09 08:41 PM
    I have a curve and I can't wait to get a tour when my contract is up...1 year and 5 months to go... Ugh I'm sure there will. B a bigger better blackberry out by them with a sick os but I'm convinced I will have to switch from the "now" network to a carrier that acctually has new blackberrys NOW. LoL.

10-03-09 08:54 PM
    It's a great life.
    10-03-09 08:59 PM
    "Best phone out there"? I agree that the 5.0 .230 leak certainly makes some nice enhancements to the Tour over the base 4.7.1.40 version but you might be stretching it a bit. The user interface is updated in a few places but not radically different. The browser is faster but it is still the Blackberry browser and not functionally much different. I like my Tour but I still think that RIM can do better.

10-03-09 09:03 PM
    I agree and disagree! I think the Tour is awesome but the picture takes forever to snap can anyone tell me whats up with that? Other than that its great.
    10-03-09 09:04 PM
    I agree and disagree! I think the Tour is awesome but the picture takes forever to snap can anyone tell me whats up with that? Other than that its great.
    havent had a problem with it.
    10-03-09 09:12 PM
    So I have had the tour since it came out and my previous phone was the moto q which I loved. So I got the tour and thought it was amazing but not that amazing but yesterday I upraded to 5.0.0.230 and my opinion of the phone is completly different now. The tour is absoulutly the best phone out there if you have 5.230 on it. This software better become official in october because I now think the tour is better than the Iphone and the Palm Pre combined. I always was a little jealous of iphones and Pre's but not anymore the tour is absolutly amazing. Now all RIM needs is a really good app world.
    Its like the little spores in the movie "the invasion" (which actually sucked and was a poor remake of the body snatchers). Once you touched them Blackberry they entered your body and now you also see what all of us already know....Blackberry is the only way to go. :-)

They are amazing...The iphone glitz had me try it out a few weeks back. It is amazing at what it does and they have the OS super fine, but it still was not as efficient as my blackberry even when I hacked the IPhone. Blackberrys do what they do well. Once they update their browser etc they should be great.
    10-03-09 10:40 PM
    You crazy man....mine are instant. You are holding the right key conv button halfway to focus and then fully to shoot right? That is why the key is a little giving...It is a two step key kind of like the button on a camera.
    10-03-09 10:42 PM
    You crazy man....mine are instant. You are holding the right key conv button halfway to focus and then fully to shoot right? That is why the key is a little giving...It is a two step key kind of like the button on a camera.
    WHHHHHATTTT?? i thought my right convenience button was just messed up. TOUR +1
    10-04-09 12:28 AM
    Tour is awesome, but I have a feeling that when the Storm and Bold 2 come out, they will blow the Tour away unfortunately.
    10-04-09 12:32 AM
    What is 5.230? I just updated my os last week with 4.7 something. Sorry for my ignorance, have not be on the forums in a while. Please fill me in.

Thanks
    Jeff
    10-04-09 07:28 AM
    i was jealous of the iphone because there is never lag on the OS but now with 5.0.0.230 there is never lag for me and threaded sms is so much better. the faster reboot time. faster browsing. all bugs fixed in the media player. editing sound profiles. 5.0.0.230 improves soo much and makes the phone a lot and i think its the best phone. 1.global 2.its on verizon 3. and all the things with the new OS
    10-04-09 01:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD