Yo, I've done several searches on this issue but I've never came across a solution.

I just bought the tour about 2 days ago so I've yet to pack in many applications to cause any slow downs or problems. (Only installed FB, Myspace, AIM, Weather Bug, App World and that's it.)

My problem is when I get SMS and Emails (via Gmail) I'm supposed to get an asterisk on each icon placed on my home screen to notify that I've received a message( I have 2 separate Gmail icons for each email I have). Well, I've done a battery pull and it showed up briefly and a few messages later it disappeared. At first the asterisks wouldn't go away, I then moved the icons back to the menu page and then back to the home page and they disappeared...Forever!

I followed instructions on many forums that I came across and it didn't seem to solve my problem. I know it's a common deal too...

Any suggestions?
    09-14-09 02:46 PM
    Nevermind. I found the solution! I had set my grid to 4 x 4 and it some how prevented my icons from receiving the asterisk notification.

All I did was:

Options > Advanced Options > Accessibility > Home Screen - Set to Default.

Whew for small bugs...
    09-14-09 04:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD