Hey, being this is my first post asking for help I must say first that I am greatful for this message board and site in general. The tour is my first Blackberry and this site has helped answer a good deal of my questions thus far. This one however I could not find an answer for.

Whenever I recieve a new message, the icons on my home screen won't display the asterisk. The only notification comes at the top of the screen as usual. If anyone has any suggestions or fixes it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you -

Oh, and once I pull the battery it will work once, however after the first notification it will not show again..
    08-27-09 08:30 PM
    Just movin on up....
    08-27-09 09:24 PM
    it might be the theme your using. just a thought
    08-27-09 09:26 PM
    Thanks boss..Im using the Precision Zen, and I also switched it back to the regular Zen...I just changed the home screen icon, and the sound alerts...

For what it's worth, I think it may have something to due with the BuzzMe app...I believe I started having this problem when updating to the newest version of that application...This bogus *** ****...Hahah, but since then I have uninstalled it...
    08-27-09 09:31 PM
    I've had this problem on my Tour. Best thing I can tell is you is to delete that email address that is having the issue and re-add it. Once you've done that, resend the service books, and you should be good to go. That's what fixed mine.

Good luck!
    08-27-09 10:03 PM
    Hey, being this is my first post asking for help I must say first that I am greatful for this message board and site in general. The tour is my first Blackberry and this site has helped answer a good deal of my questions thus far. This one however I could not find an answer for.

Whenever I recieve a new message, the icons on my home screen won't display the asterisk. The only notification comes at the top of the screen as usual. If anyone has any suggestions or fixes it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you -

Oh, and once I pull the battery it will work once, however after the first notification it will not show again..
    might wanna try a battery pull first. if that doesnt work, try to see if you can resend your service books. after your service book, try to re-register your phone ...Options>advanced options>Host Routing Table>hit your blackberry button and register now

i'm trying to think of what else could fix it.. but if that doesnt work, a handheld wipe will do the trick, but lets see if this fixes it for u.. let me know
    Last edited by mjbesen310; 08-27-09 at 10:21 PM. Reason: spelling
    08-27-09 10:08 PM
    I've had this problem on my Tour. Best thing I can tell is you is to delete that email address that is having the issue and re-add it. Once you've done that, resend the service books, and you should be good to go. That's what fixed mine.

Good luck!
    I had this problem on my curve when I first got it. This solution worked for me. I was new didn't want to wipe in case I couldn't get it back. Just delete email account and then re add. Hope this helps.
    08-27-09 10:23 PM
    to the OP.. are you talking about all your notifications not showing? like SMS, e-mail, BBM, ect?? or is it just an e-mail problem?
    08-27-09 10:26 PM
    Yeah all of my notifications...SMS, MMS, Email, Facebook, all that jazz unfortunately...Thank you to everyone who responded...Your input is appreciated.
    08-27-09 10:55 PM
    might wanna try a battery pull first. if that doesnt work, try to see if you can resend your service books. after your service book, try to re-register your phone ...Options>advanced options>Host Routing Table>hit your blackberry button and register now

i'm trying to think of what else could fix it.. but if that doesnt work, a handheld wipe will do the trick, but lets see if this fixes it for u.. let me know
    Tried the battery pull early...Like literally takin the damn thing outta the back...It would work for one notifictation..After that it wouldn't work period...
    08-27-09 11:10 PM
    Any other suggestions?
    08-29-09 03:44 PM
    I sort of have the same problem with my SMS icon. I get an asterisk on the icon and the little envelope up top but no asterisk with the envelope. It always had an asterisk on both until recently.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-09 04:03 PM
    I just installed the new 5.0...191 on my tour today. My red asterisk notification worked great on my e-mail and sms icons whenever there was a new message (sms or email). Now it works fine for the e-mail, but w/ the sms, the red asterisk comes up for a second when you first get notified by the sound/led, but then it disappears--without my ever touching the phone. I can't seem to figure it out. I thought it is a glitch in the new os, but it sounds like you guys are having a similar problem. If anyone knows how to reset the sms notification (saw some info on e-mail), please post.

Thanks!
    08-29-09 04:28 PM
    Its been on mentioned on this forum today and yesterday, but I found it here:

Leaked: 5.0.0.191 for the Tour!! - BlackberryOS.com

It is a 'leak' not an official release...
    08-29-09 04:36 PM
    Thanks..Appreciate the quick feedback...Matter of fact, I found your thread after searching the forums!
    08-29-09 04:37 PM
    Goodluck if you install it, I kind of like it...I've only been playing with it for a few hours, but so far, the 'asterisk' thing is my main complaint.
    08-29-09 04:38 PM

Hey, I tried resending the service books and re-registering the phone..Still no fix.
    08-29-09 07:40 PM
    I'm having the same problems. I have the Curve 8330. I always get an asterisk on the BB programs (like BB mail and sms and messenger). The asterisks I don't get are the Gmail app, Social Scope, & You Mail. Social Scope will if I roll over it, and so will Gmail. But, You Mail is just hit or miss.

After I pull the battery, they show up.

Also, I never get Facebook notifications on the top of the BB screen until I do a battery pull.

Anyone know what the issue could be?
    01-31-10 10:37 AM
    You might want to check your grid layout setting. Go to Options-->Advanced Options-->Accessibility. Home Screen Grid layout should be set to Default.

I had changed mine to something besides default and the notifications stopped working. I'd pull the battery, and it would work once, the stop again. Once I set the grid layout back to Default, it's been working ever since
    02-03-10 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD