I have been trying to keep up with all of the different threads on here about this and with the hundreds of emails I am getting every week, and since I don't spend a lot of time on here and in an attempt to keep everything running as smoothly as possible, I am going to post it all in one thread.

Please read the ENTIRE post. Part 1 has to deal with Lost/Stolen MEID's and Part 2 deals with the removal of "Activation Required" and associated fees.

I: BEFORE Purchasing A Sprint Tour

If you have not yet purchased a Sprint Tour and are thinking of buying one, I highly recommend that you get the MEID DEC from the buyer. (This information can be found under Options-Status on the device and begins with 26843).

More and more recently, MEID's have been showing up as Lost/Stolen in the system and there is no way to retrieve the MSL code for those devices, therefore there is no way to remove the "Activation Required" message on the device.

If you are going to purchase a Sprint 9630 Tour and need the MEID verified that it is free and clear, PRIOR to purchasing the device send me the MEID DEC and I can provide the information on whether it is clear or not.

IF a buyer is refusing to provide the MEID off of the device for verification purposes, I personally would walk-away from that seller as the probability that device has been flagged is VERY HIGH.

If you have already purchased a 9630 Tour and have been informed that the MEID is flagged as Lost/Stolen, sorry, but there is no way for anyone to retrieve that information until/unless it is ever cleared by Sprint. In those instances, the only recommendation that I have is to contact the seller from which you received the device and request to either have the money refunded and return the device or request a different device from the seller. Personally, I would recommend not re-selling the device to another user unless they are aware of the circumstances. That's just me though trying to look out for our fellow BlackBerry family members out there.

II: Needing "Activation Required" Removed From A Sprint Tour
    The information which is needed is the MEID DEC which can be found under Options-Status on the device and begins with 26843. Please do not send the IMEI number or the MEID HEX.

Once you receive the MSL for the device, do the following:
    1. Press the Green Talk button as if going to make a call
    2. Type in ##MSLCODE (IE: ##123456)
    3. Press the trackball down.
    4. You will now be in a "CDMA Service Edit" screen.
    5. On the top line, delete out whatever number is showing (ie 0000001234) and replace that with the number you want on that device
    6. Once done, press the Menu Key > Save
    7. The device will reboot
    8. Once the device comes back to the main screen, the "Activation Required" message will be removed and the active GSM Service Provider name will appear.

III: Fees For Service
    1 Device: $14.99/ea*
    5+: Contact Directly

PayPal Account: [email protected]
    NOTE: INCLUDE THE MEID DEC IN PAYPAL NOTES FOR FASTEST RESPONSE!

Sending the $14.99 will get the MEID verified to be clean + the MSL Code. If the device comes back as Lost/Stolen at that point, the $14.99 will be refunded minus a $1.99 processing fee (It still takes me time run an MEID check so I need some compensation for that). Visual confirmation will be provided for those that appear as Lost/Stolen (a photo of the ESN showing as Lost/Stolen from the system).

If you take a moment to view some of the other posts which I have posted in, you will see that I am able to provide these services with satisfied clients.

And if by chance you have emailed me in the past and I have missed it, please re-try according to the above guidelines. I am getting flooded with emails (on top of the 250+ regular emails I receive in a day) and it's gotten difficult to keep up with all of the different emails and inquiries. Using the above the steps will ensure the quickest and easiest transactions for all those involved.
    Last edited by n8d; 09-21-09 at 10:33 AM.
    09-21-09 10:30 AM
    i have 9630 verizon & i am useing the ur method with (##000000) edit my phone number for activation & done it set write succesfully reboot mobile. if i m useing airtel india incomeing & outgoing call working but vodafone india sim showing the full network but no outgoing & incomeing call... can u solve my prob bro?
    B.r
    Ajay
    Last edited by group.tele; 09-24-09 at 12:55 AM. Reason: some text missing
    09-24-09 12:54 AM
    How long does it take to get the MSL? I sent the paypal payment a couple of days ago and still haven't heard a thing.
    12-06-09 02:01 PM
    Green,
    The turn around is generally within 24 hours unless it falls on a weekend or a long weekend then it's the following Monday morning.
    I don't receive notifications (for some reason) from subscribed threads, so feel free to email me at the above email address if you run into any issues.
    12-28-09 09:15 AM
    UPDATE:
    If you are using a company other than myself for MSL Unlock Codes, I suggest you do not use UnlockABC based out of New Jersey (212-920-6111).

This person has now been denied to receive any additional MSL codes as a wholesaler.

Also, for those of you who are PM'ing or leaving Visitor Messages, PLEASE follow the instructions in the post above. I rarely log on here and do not see the messages which are left.

Thank you,
    N8
    01-25-10 01:03 PM
    BUMP

9650 was announced on Sprint today and the 9650 MEID's are already loaded into the Sprint system.

This being said, we are now able to provide MSL codes for the 9650's as well.

Please see the first post here for the information on obtaining the MSL codes.

Please do NOT PM ME or reply in this thread...I rarely visit here and don't get PM notifications, so email me at the address listed above.

Thanks all!
    04-26-10 10:08 AM
    Do not pay anyone for the msl for the sprint 9650. The phone is already unlocked out of the box !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep your money. Do not pay for an msl code.
    06-02-10 07:32 PM
    Does anyone know where I can get MSL for Sprint 9650 BB?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-10 05:37 PM
    Does anyone know where I can get MSL for Sprint 9650 BB?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'd be interested in knowing this as well.
    08-18-10 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD