I went to my local vzw store today with full intentions of upgrading (from the storm) to the tour; however, I hate to say it but I wasn't that overly impressed. Not sure if it is because the storm is my first blackberry or what, but I kinda hate the trackball. I liked everything else about it. It is probably the best looking blackberry ever, and the keyboard is AWESOME, but I couldn't get over the trackball. Is this something that if I go ahead and buy it will get used to? To me being able to just "click" on the icons is so much nicer. At this point I think I will wait until I can get my hands on one of the new BBs with the trackpad or wait until the rumored touchscreen with a physical keyboard device comes about, that imo would be the perfect blackberry!
    07-12-09 05:00 PM
    Personal preference. I hated what you love about the Storm.
    07-12-09 05:01 PM
    on mine i had to change the sensitivity of the trackball and now it works much better. maybe you were having trouble scrolling
    07-12-09 05:01 PM
    Then, you're the opposite of me, because I don't like "to just 'click' on the icons."

I like the trackball a lot better than a D-pad. I'm interested to see how the optical works though.
    07-12-09 05:02 PM
    Trackballs suck no doubt , and even more so after using an optical trackpad. I tried to go back to my Curve while waiting for a replacement phone and was greatly frusterated as I kept trying to 'touch' what I wanted on the Curves screen.

In the end its all personal preference and personally I will NOT be purchasing another Berry unless it has a Touch screen... keyboard or not.
    07-12-09 05:10 PM
    I know it is not the tour but I had the same problem going back to the 8330 from the storm for the same reason. Its not just you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD