Took some time today to setup a new 9630 for a client and I wasn't all that impressed with it. The speed in navigation is no different then my Storm. In some cases, the Tour actually lagged more in trying to install programs and flip around in the browser and navigate. It would lag quite a bit while it was thinking. When compared with having to Hit Menu and wait to move trackball around, the Storm is much faster in the interface due to the ability to "just click" something on the screen. The trackball really limits the navitation of the device (must as it would on all other TB berries), but you don't realize that until you are in a hurry and actually try to do something in a rush.

Program issues... for some goofy reason Poynt seems to have an issue with the way the Call Log is displayed (probably an issue with 4.7.1.x being so close to the Storm's OS), Poynt won't let you do a Reverse Lookup on a number because it thinks the Call Log view is not set correctly. Hopefully they'll fix this soon.

Preloaded games... what's up with that? So, now you have 256MB of flash, so I guess let's just load some stuff up. Nasty VPL icons for VZNav instead of just the program which you could uninstall and get rid of the icon for good (similar to Storm). VVM is the same way... VPL pushed install icon. Did I tell you how much I hate VPLs?

Memory... about 120MB left once setup. about 2-2.5 times that of Storm free memory. OK, but should be more.

Slightly loose battery door. (i.e. moves up and down a minute amount, but still very annoying when you use the device)... been mentioned by others obviously.

We'll see how the client likes in in the long run, I forsee a lot more cracked screens on these new devices then the olders ones that of like the Pearl, Curve, 8830WE.
    07-15-09 06:05 PM
    I agree with the VPL's. I hide the icons, but in my mind, I know they are still there. OCD much?

I also agree that it can be faster to navigate on the storm; however, for me, the keyboard for typing is critical. Overall I am very happy with this device.
    Last edited by esalonia; 07-15-09 at 06:10 PM.
    07-15-09 06:08 PM
    07-15-09 06:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD