My sister wants a Tour so I decided today to pre-order one. I log into My Verizon but the Tour page kept prompting me to call customer service. I ended up getting transferred to someone in Pittsburgh at HQ, as he told me. He told me that I'm now on a pre-ordering list and that I will be getting a call when the phones are ready to ship, then I will complete the transaction. All I did was get put onto a list and that was it.

1: Has anyone else gone through this? I'm not sure if I will be getting a call on the 13th or if I will be getting the phone after everyone else.

2: This guy seemed very tailored to my needs since he gave me his name and direct line. I asked him if my pricing (I get a corporate discount) was better than public pricing and he refused to give prices until the phone went to market.

So did anyone else experience this? This is my first time pre-ordering.
    07-07-09 12:18 PM
    Pre-ordered last night online...didn't have to call anyone, did everything online...

Hopefully will get it on the 14th...
    07-07-09 12:26 PM
    Pre-ordering online is the easiest way to go, you don't have to deal with anyone and you can do it in your pajamas!
    07-07-09 12:33 PM
    Well like I said I tried pre-ordering online and I got prompted to call Big Red.
    07-07-09 12:36 PM
    Go to the store, If for some reason they don't have them........ You can order online that evening and still have it shipped the 13th which is scheduled for shipments and have it the next day....
    07-07-09 12:37 PM
    The other good thing about getting it online is that you get the $70 off instant. If you go to store it's a MIR. In the end it turns out to be the same.
    07-07-09 12:44 PM
    Pre-ordering online is the easiest way to go, you don't have to deal with anyone and you can do it in your pajamas!
    Technically you could wear pajamas to the store ;-)
    07-07-09 12:47 PM
    The other good thing about getting it online is that you get the $70 off instant. If you go to store it's a MIR. In the end it turns out to be the same.
    Would this only be for reupping? I am thinking that those of us buying retail pay the all out price with no MIR
    07-07-09 12:48 PM
    i have the guy from the verizon store calling me on Friday. He seems to think that they are going to get them shipped to them on their Thursday truck order and then just not be able to release them until Sunday. If thats the case I will have one in my hand on Sunday, much sooner than waiting to let them ship one out to me on the 13th. Swing by a store, it seems like a "waiting list" for this phone is unneccesary. Its not Christmas like the storm, nor is it advertised half as much. all IMO of course
    07-07-09 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD