Hello I deployed to Iraq about 6 months ago and I was told before I left I should have phone service over here. Well unfortuntaley I did not. I changed a bunch of the settings and was wondering if I could somehow reset to default on the settings scense I will be returing to the states soon. Once I hit the coast I want to be able to call and I remembered I had changed those settings and do not remember which ones I changed. Any help would be great!
    03-21-10 11:12 AM
    the easiest way to restore to factory setting is do a device wipe, just make sure you back up your personal stuff
    03-21-10 11:23 AM
    You might try going to Manage Connections and scroll down and select "mobile network options" and changing "Network Technology" to 1xev if it is Global. Although global should work in the states.
    03-21-10 11:32 AM
    pilsbury: Personal stuff? Will that include contacts, apps, pics, etc...?

F2: Im not so concerned about over here anymore, Once i hit the coast I just want to be able to turn on the phone and hopefully work. I will try your reccomendation first, I would rather not wipe my device ( I do have a 8gb memory card) but if thats my last option I guess I can.
    03-21-10 02:23 PM
    Use Desktop manager to run a backup of your phone is easy and safe (even if you don't do a wipe, backup is a GREAT idea). Or you can sync with Outlook if you have it for calendar, contacts and memos.

Your SD card will not be wiped but some folks recommend having a backup of it on your computer just in case - cards do go bad occasionally.

Google bbsak and backup all 3rd party apps (or even every internal app file, including BB/rim files)
    03-21-10 02:47 PM
    one problem is I do not have a USB cord here. I will just try going to Manage Connections and scroll down and select "mobile network options" and changing "Network Technology" to 1xev like F2 suggested. I guess i have should have remembered what the settings were at.
    03-22-10 08:13 AM
    The cords are pretty generic - someone with a camera or gps might have one that will work. Oh, wait, Tour is the micro connector - still check out if some one a cord.

You can also do some backup using BT so if someone has bluetooth on a computer/laptop....
    03-22-10 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD