I would imagine that the only way people must know about the Tour is via the net (from sites like this and even Verizon's website) and, just recently, the promotions at the Verizon stores. But, isn't it interesting that there hasn't been a single 9630/Tour commercial on TV yet? Not a single one.
    07-11-09 08:50 PM
    yeah i don't think there will be much hype to this phone..
    07-11-09 08:53 PM
    lots of hype , all behind the scene
    07-11-09 08:55 PM
    Many of us believed that there wouldn't be much hype, but not a single TV commercial? That's not much hype, that's nothing because TV commercials are the most effective form of advertising.

Tell ya what, if the Tour sells well (which I think it will, and I hope it does), then that shows to prove that word of mouth really is the biggest form of flattery. Imagine the money that Verizon is saving by not paying big bucks on TV ads. I would think that Verizon is going to wait and see how sells go...if sells go slow, then we might/should see some Tour ads on TV.
    07-11-09 08:57 PM
    the tour is in all the print ads. saw a few different ones in the last week
    Yea I was gonna ask CX about this cuz I remember him saying there would be a big push for this phone
    you guys have to remember a huge key to sales with this phone...

business' who use blackberry's and verizon/sprint are going to get these...

that will be a ton of sales not even dealing with consumers..
    07-11-09 09:03 PM
    Why would they need to hype it up?? They're probably wondering why they need to spend money in advertising when we do all the hyping here for them!
    07-11-09 09:04 PM
    Tour is not advertised even on the Verizon top page any more. Weird.
    07-11-09 09:05 PM
    I heard an ad on the radio.

Not specifically for the Tour, but advertising Verizon's BlackBerrys and they mentioned the "Brand new BlackBerry Tour"
    07-11-09 09:06 PM
    tv ads are coming...you can bank on that. maybe they are waiting to make sure the initial response is positive before they start bangin out the ads...after what happed to the storm, this woud make sense.
    07-11-09 09:23 PM
    Of course, we don't know what the plan is here, but its not unusual for a company to not advertise a product until they have it in place in the stores. I'll probably get flamed for making the comparison, but McDonalds' new line of Angus burgers has been on the menu for a couple of weeks here in our area but I've not seen ads on TV for them yet. Maybe Sprint & Verizon just want to make sure they have all their ducks in a row before they start promoting the product.
    07-11-09 09:28 PM
    Of course, we don't know what the plan is here, but its not unusual for a company to not advertise a product until they have it in place in the stores. I'll probably get flamed for making the comparison, but McDonalds' new line of Angus burgers has been on the menu for a couple of weeks here in our area but I've not seen ads on TV for them yet. Maybe Sprint just wants to make sure they have all their ducks in a row before they start promoting the product.

people are comparing it to the storm launch that had advertisement on tv 2 months before it was released..
    07-11-09 09:29 PM
    people are comparing it to the storm launch that had advertisement on tv 2 months before it was released..

I can understand the comparison although its not mentioned in this thread.
    07-11-09 09:34 PM
    yea very true verizon nor sprint have tried to bring hype for the tour but at least we know
    07-11-09 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD