Hello all. I am getting quite frustrated with my tour, this is the newest problem I am having with my tour. I am on the Verizon network. I am able to send text messages and also access the internet and also send and receive e-mails, but not able to RECEIVE text messages. Just happened about 3 hours ago, as when it started happening..any ideas guys?
    10-29-09 06:21 PM
    go to options>advanced>host routing table>menu>register now.. give it a minute and then try sending a test text..
    10-29-09 06:31 PM
    I can send just fine, it's receiving the messages that I can't do.
    10-29-09 06:33 PM
    On The Phone with Tech support, and they were no help...she apparently cannot do anything for me, since I was apart of the alltell conversion BS...we did battery reboots, and she tried sending me test messages..so now she has to apparently send this to the "engineers" where it could take 2 hours or 5 days...i'm sick of this..i'm going to cancel verizon..bull
    10-29-09 06:56 PM
    Did u ever think it might not be verizon? Is ur friend on metro?
    10-29-09 10:02 PM
    Did u ever think it might not be verizon? Is ur friend on metro?
    Its a verizon issue. I had the same thing with being able to receive MMS but not send. They have to reregister the phone on the network or some garbage like that. I switched to Sprint a few weeks ago thanks to all the BS i dealt with from Verizon. Including their WHOPPING 170 a month bill for 1 phone. Switched to Sprint been problem free for the same service at half the cost
    10-29-09 10:23 PM
    did you enable the firewall for incoming texts?
    options>security options>firewall
    10-29-09 11:11 PM
    Its a verizon issue. I had the same thing with being able to receive MMS but not send. They have to reregister the phone on the network or some garbage like that. I switched to Sprint a few weeks ago thanks to all the BS i dealt with from Verizon. Including their WHOPPING 170 a month bill for 1 phone. Switched to Sprint been problem free for the same service at half the cost
    It is definitely a Verizon issue. I have been with Verizon for years now and have had the issue as well as every other Verizon customer. It is because they are trying to update the towers and put all of the Alltell towers into their network. It will take about a week. But not that big of a deal for being on such an amazing network. Just give it time everything else still works. Patience is a virtue!!
    10-29-09 11:21 PM
    umm.. thats exactly what i gave instructions to do in post#2. you can do it yourself... not through CS.
    10-29-09 11:25 PM
    Well, almost 9 hours after the problem and still no solution. What a load of crap. Texting is what I rely on. And I've tried all the stuff you guys have suggested and also what the tech support said. I'm so frustrated.
    10-29-09 11:58 PM
    Well, almost 9 hours after the problem and still no solution. What a load of crap. Texting is what I rely on. And I've tried all the stuff you guys have suggested and also what the tech support said. I'm so frustrated.
    Trust me I feel your pain. My communication is always based around txting. It took a week here in Michigan to get everything situated and up and running. Just be patient and bear with Verizon trying to get the service right for everyone. Its worth it. No dropped calls like everyone else!!
    10-30-09 12:05 AM
    I'm just having so many issues with this phone. It's my second Blackberry Tour, it's horrible. I never imagined it being so bad. The call quality is crap on this phone, this replacement phone was supposed to make it better, it didn't. I can't receive text messages, out of the blue they just stop coming, and my service keeps changing from 1x to 1xEV to 1xev..it's so stupid..am I just whining or do I have a legit reason to be upset? I never had any of these issues at US Cellular!
    10-30-09 12:11 AM
    I'm just having so many issues with this phone. It's my second Blackberry Tour, it's horrible. I never imagined it being so bad. The call quality is crap on this phone, this replacement phone was supposed to make it better, it didn't. I can't receive text messages, out of the blue they just stop coming, and my service keeps changing from 1x to 1xEV to 1xev..it's so stupid..am I just whining or do I have a legit reason to be upset? I never had any of these issues at US Cellular!
    Well the service will do that no matter what. Thats no biggie. Now I can understand the call quality. Idk what that is but it seems like a lot of the Tour users have been told we sound muffled during more than 1 call. for some reason it seems to pick up the voice clearer if you hold it further from your mouth. I just think you should give it a little bit of time before you jump ship to a lesser reliable network. Verizon will get it right.... And no I dont work for Verizon lol.... Just think they have the best to offer.
    10-30-09 12:39 AM
    I know this may be a stupid question but I didn't see it discussed anywhere on the posts. Did you try a battery pull?
    10-30-09 01:42 AM
    I know exactly what it is, had a samilar problem just a few weeks ago. And it is not fixable, its a tower issue. What happens when theyre working on the tower, you cant receive txt messages (sent across same way that phone calls are), but if you dial a phone call txt messages roll in (sort of like opening up the phone line to accept messages across it). Nothing you can do but wait, I had to wait a full 5 days!!
    10-30-09 07:55 AM
    i had the same issue. After being ported from sprint it took a few days before messages starting coming in regularly. they will get it right be patient.
    10-30-09 09:01 AM
    Same problem here, Alltel plan with a new upgraded Verizon phone (Tour) running PRL 40057 (new). Called into tech support and they are going to "look into it". Funny thing was this was working up until about yesterday.

Verizon/Alltel to Verizon/Alltel SMS and MMS are ok and I can send SMS to any network but cannot receive SMS/MMS from any outside carriers.

Hoping for a fix!
    Last edited by nsimkins; 10-30-09 at 09:14 AM.
    10-30-09 09:12 AM
    I can't receive any at all. My girlfriend and brother are on US Cellular and have to get anything from them. Even when I make a phone call nothing comes in..ugh..it suckkssss...
    10-30-09 11:37 AM
    umm.. thats exactly what i gave instructions to do in post#2. you can do it yourself... not through CS.
    nah, it was a different issue than that. i cant remember specifically but something was turned off on my acct that they had to reactivate
    11-10-09 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD