1. Sir Sean's Avatar
    I have had my tour for about a month now and have had no real problems with it, other than I do not receive all of my emails. The email is setup through gmail, but it is not a @gmail account. It's a pop.gmail setup.

    anyway, I receive about 90% of my email to my phone, the other 10% just does not come through for whatever reason. can anyone point me in the right direction for a fix?
    08-28-09 11:08 AM
  2. RegE's Avatar
    Why are you using a POP acct? Gmail works excellent with an IMAP acct, especially with the new Enhanced Gmail Plug-in. With POP servers, you have to set your server to leave messages on the server after retrieving (reading/opening) them; otherwise, once you read it [from any source] it will be removed from the server and not able to view from any other machine / device. With IMAP, your phone will be real-time synchronized with the server.
    08-28-09 05:20 PM
  3. shugh8's Avatar
    Agree with RegE. If IMAP is supported, always the better option and more reliable.
    08-28-09 05:27 PM
  4. Sir Sean's Avatar
    Can I use IMAP forwarding with outlook?
    08-29-09 03:26 PM
  5. RegE's Avatar
    Please clarify your question. Are you using Outlook as your client? You want to forward your e-mails to where?
    08-29-09 03:31 PM
  6. Sir Sean's Avatar
    My company uses gmail as its email server (but it my email address is sirsean@companyname, not sirsean@gmail.com) and I use outlook to get my gmail. I have outlook setup to use "pop.gmail.com" as my server, which is also what I have my phone setup to use.

    Can I setup my gmail to use IMAP forwarding to outlook, then use IMAP to forward to my phone?
    08-30-09 02:26 PM
  7. RegE's Avatar
    I'm assuming that your company's Gmail account is an IMAP account. I've found Outlook to be kind of 'clunky' with Gmail. I was recently turned-on to Mozilla Thunderbird which I now use as my Gmail client and it appears flawless. Anyway, I don't understand the question, "Can I setup my gmail to use IMAP forwarding to outlook, then use IMAP to forward to my phone"? If you have your phone married to your Gmail account - assuming its IMAP - you should be good-to-go as far as using your phone to view and treat your e-mails as if you were on your PC. I'm still unclear as to what you mean by 'setting-up Gmail to use IMAP forwarding to Outlook'. I guess the question now should be, "Is your work e-mail account IMAP or not"? If its not, I wouldn't think you have the option to change it. That would have been established by your IT Department. And, if its not, you won't be able to enjoy the full e-mail experience on your phone. IMAP is the way to go!
    08-30-09 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD