lets start by saying that i think i set the bar to hi for this phone. after waiting months for a new phone i finally used my new every two on the tour. but after a week of playing with it i think that i should have jumped ship and went with att and the bold. the phone is to buggey, it freezes, the battery flat out sucks, and the call quality isn't good. im am a verizon custy.. o and did i mention i have had several dropped calls.. now i have only played with the bold in the store but i think i would have liked that a lot better. i think a lot of you are giving this thing way to high a review just cause you all wanted a bb with a keypad on a cdma carrier. to end this i am gonna say rim needs to take there time and put a good quality product and compete or get left in the dust by apple or palm......

ps let me know if you want to buy a 16g memory card and car charger
    I stopped reading after the first sentence.
    07-25-09 08:59 AM
    I have to agree, I got the tour for work thinking it would be just as good as the bold (- wifi). But the freezing alone is enough to drive me nuts. Granted when it does freeze it only lasts 3-5 seconds, but when you're working that 3-5 seconds seems like hours. I will say I had AT&T with a Bold and the new Curve and loved their service - 100X's better than VZW could ever dream of being, but their price wasn't so cheap. I did switch to Sprint and got the Pre and am very happy with the phone, service and MUCH cheaper monthly service than both VZW and AT&T.
    Overall I am happy VZW got the Tour, but I'm surprised that BB is having so many buggy issues with the phone! Its almost like this is a 1st gen phone for them!!!!! Hopefully they will send out a fix SOON!!! (FYI - my phone froze 8 times while typing this).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-09 09:18 AM
    I have to agree, I got the tour for work thinking it would be just as good as the bold (- wifi). But the freezing alone is enough to drive me nuts. Granted when it does freeze it only lasts 3-5 seconds, but when you're working that 3-5 seconds seems like hours. I will say I had AT&T with a Bold and the new Curve and loved their service - 100X's better than VZW could ever dream of being, but their price wasn't so cheap. I did switch to Sprint and got the Pre and am very happy with the phone, service and MUCH cheaper monthly service than both VZW and AT&T.
    Overall I am happy VZW got the Tour, but I'm surprised that BB is having so many buggy issues with the phone! Its almost like this is a 1st gen phone for them!!!!! Hopefully they will send out a fix SOON!!! (FYI - my phone froze 8 times while typing this).

Really? The Pre is probably one of the slowest phones I have ever used. As for freezing 8 times while typing this message, that is most definitely not normal. Take it back. Do it. Do it.
    07-25-09 11:19 AM
    First off stang68 you and I know that I wrote high but the phone froze smart A@#. And second I used to have Nextel so I know all about dropped calls... the reason i started this post was because i fell that this is just a nice phone, and thats it, there is nothing to rant and rave like so many of you addicts are doing. Don�t get me wrong this thing looks nice, feels nice and is by fare the king of messaging, and in saying all of that it has issues. when you by a new product you shouldn�t have to treat it like a used car and have to ask for the car fax....... that�s why they call it new.. I think RIM should keep moving forward when making a new device, ex. if one has wifi then every phone after should, if one processer is fast then they all should be fast, so keep moving forward and stop picking and choosing which phone gets what... they are actually cheating the people who keep them in business.. US!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I pay for a BMW i want a BMW not a cooper mini....
    07-26-09 11:10 AM
    My brother-in-law has a Bold and he has the same issues as Tour owners from time to time. I'm sure subsequent OS versions will get better and better...its not like the Bold didn't have problems when it was released. I seem to recall it got pulled from some carriers for a while due to the huge issues reported by customers.

Battery life is also not great on a Bold, especially in comparison to a Tour. The Bold had 3G and wifi, both are notorious battery killers on gsm networks. My brother-in-law can't get through a day on his battery (not using wifi), while I can get through a day quite easily with my Tour

07-26-09 11:28 AM
    people have a right to there opinions..

some will be good and some will be bad..

I have loved the tour the day I got it..

still do..

if the op isn't satisfied and at&t has good coverage in his/her area then a forum should not be a place that he should make that decision from anyway...

people complain about at&t but at&t is the second largest carrier and they do run good in some areas..

I stick with verizon because att gave me issues in the areas I go this doesn't mean that att is bad and not everyone is going to like/love the tour..
    07-26-09 11:35 AM
    my tour is fine if you dont like go to att and stop coming here complaining
    07-26-09 12:20 PM
    AT&T is def. not the way to go.. but the trackball could def. use some work..
    07-26-09 12:25 PM
    I dont get it, Do people not understand that being an early adopter means you are going to probably have some sort of the trouble with your phone? The bolds been out for a while, all the bugs and kinks have been worked out, The tour has been out for what? 3 weeks? Give it some time before you go and complain. I haven't had one single problem with the phone, but buying it Day 3 I automatically figured there would be problems like practically every new BB or phone in general that comes out. Give it a month or 2 and every complain will be dealt with. Its really not this hard to comprehend. New Phones = New problems at least for a little while.
    07-26-09 12:59 PM
    In the form of the classic warcraft forums cry threads...

Can I have your stuff?

07-26-09 01:02 PM
    I'm seriously considering returning my Tour for a refund and reinstate my NE2 credit as well.

The Tour isn't that much of an improvement over the 8330 I have IMO. At least not enough to commit for another 2 years, with more and possibly better BBs coming out.
    To the OP, if you go over to AT&T talk to other people who have AT&T first to make sure they offer adequate coverage.
    I agree rider 110% as I'm in the same situation.

What is the point of these threads ? Do you post them so we can somehow try to convince you to keep the phone ?
    The point is it is a public forum and they have the right to post whatever they want as long as they are within the Posting Rules of this forum. Which brings me to my next point, if you don't have anything nice to say, simply move on.

my tour is fine if you dont like go to att and stop coming here complaining
    Personal Attacks
    Do not flame, insult or post personal attacks against other users. Be courteous, not rude. Any instances or reports of harassment of members will be treated seriously. CrackBerry.com has a zero tolerance policy against this kind of behavior, which may result with an immediate temporary or permanent ban at moderators' discretion. CrackBerry.com is a friendly place - treat members with respect at all times. If you don't have something nice to say, do not say it!
    07-26-09 01:15 PM
    First off stang68 you and I know that I wrote high but the phone froze smart A@#. And second I used to have Nextel so I know all about dropped calls... the reason i started this post was because i fell that this is just a nice phone, and thats it, there is nothing to rant and rave like so many of you addicts are doing. Don�t get me wrong this thing looks nice, feels nice and is by fare the king of messaging, and in saying all of that it has issues. when you by a new product you shouldn�t have to treat it like a used car and have to ask for the car fax....... that�s why they call it new.. I think RIM should keep moving forward when making a new device, ex. if one has wifi then every phone after should, if one processer is fast then they all should be fast, so keep moving forward and stop picking and choosing which phone gets what... they are actually cheating the people who keep them in business.. US!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I pay for a BMW i want a BMW not a cooper mini....
    You obviously dont like the phone so go trade it in i believe you have 30 days. Oh and btw i know people who paid for a BMW and should have gotten a mini cooper lols. Even BMW on their first gen cars have issues. Except mine is just a battery cover.
    07-26-09 03:14 PM
    way too funny
    07-26-09 03:22 PM
    Each phone is going to have fans and haters. Because everything is mass produced there will be problem units. They should exchange the phone and get a good one. The forums that I have seen with all of the Tour issues have not applied to my Tour. Maybe I was lucky.
    07-26-09 04:23 PM
    Ive got 3 from Sprint sent UPS and visited 3 different Sprint stores were very cool reps opened up 9630 boxes not activating.
    They noticed lcd/trackball defects recommending me to wait till next batch.

Sprint sent ups

1st Activated -Muffle sound- Escalated to Rim Technical support trouble ticket.
    2nd Activated -Muffle sound , screen ripple- Escalated to Rim Technical support trouble ticket.
    3rd Major screen ripple

First Store
    1 unit Screen ripple

Second Store
    3 units that had screen ripple

3rd store
    1 unit Trackball stick ,very minor screen ripple

I love Blackberry ,Very involved in 3rd party app beta testing - (Berryweather)(SlackerRadio).
    Unfortunately Ive been using my back up phone for 3 days-Palm Treo wx peace of junk.
    If wanting 9630 that has no defect makes me a cry baby so be it.
    Rim defiantly has some bad stuff out there..kind of that Palm Pre build quality vibe ,those that want to blow it off as no big deal snap into reality.

Will I go AT&T...HECK NO.
    99.99 Simply Everything is to good of a deal..hopefully next batch of 9630,s will have better build quality.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 07-26-09 at 05:36 PM.
    07-26-09 04:40 PM
    AT&T's network is taxed with the volume of date being transmitted by iPhone users. AT&T will have to re-tool their network before it even begins to compete with VZN. VZN has the best coverage, HANDS DOWN. In this case, the grass is brown on the other side of the fence. Borrow an AT&T phone for a week, you will see the difference. You have 14 days to sort out the phone, if you don't like it, go back to the Curve.
    07-26-09 05:06 PM
    If you don't like it, take it back.

However don't assume AT&T is gonna make things all better. If you travel in rural areas on a regular basis, then ATT is not for you. I have Verizon via Alltel for my personal phone and ATT for my work phone. I have been in numerous areas where my ATT phone had no signal and my Verizon phone worked great. I have never been in an area where the reverse was true. If you stay in cities and on major highways then ATT is fine. I will say their CS leaves something to be desired though.
    07-26-09 05:24 PM

Horrible metaphor!!! So you're telling me because it's a BMW it won't have problems? A car is a car just like a phone is a phone eventually they will all have problems.
    I'm so tired of hearing about WIFI, They said they aren't going to have bb's without WIFI anymore. Return it and go about your business it's not that serious.
    07-26-09 05:31 PM
    I agree rider 110% as I'm in the same situation.

The point is it is a public forum and they have the right to post whatever they want as long as they are within the Posting Rules of this forum. Which brings me to my next point, if you don't have anything nice to say, simply move on.

Personal Attacks
    Do not flame, insult or post personal attacks against other users. Be courteous, not rude. Any instances or reports of harassment of members will be treated seriously. CrackBerry.com has a zero tolerance policy against this kind of behavior, which may result with an immediate temporary or permanent ban at moderators' discretion. CrackBerry.com is a friendly place - treat members with respect at all times. If you don't have something nice to say, do not say it!
    I'm reading these posts over and over again trying to find out how those posts were insulting or rude.
    07-26-09 05:37 PM
    No, it really isn't that different than a Curve--which is one reason I like it. My Curve was great. It was just too sloooowwwwww. The Tour fixes that, improves the camera, and generally does everything better. It even has fewer--or less serious--bugs than my Curve had when I first got it.

Don't like the Tour? Return it. Get a replacement, OR, switch to ATT and find out how frustrating dropped calls can really be. There are two reasons I left ATT years ago--dropped calls was one of them.
    07-26-09 06:00 PM
    Thisis my first BB and I'm realy happy with it- and I love Verizon Cellular service AND their Customer Serivce too- AT&T cannot hold a candle to them !
    07-26-09 06:11 PM
    Idk why people are talkin about dropped calls on AT&T, I have a Bold with T-Mobile n AT&T has way better coverage than T-Mobile but I have never had a dropped called with my Bold and I use it a lot so I think is just the Tour that sucks with calls
    07-26-09 06:18 PM
    Idk why people are talkin about dropped calls on AT&T, I have a Bold with T-Mobile n AT&T has way better coverage than T-Mobile but I have never had a dropped called with my Bold and I use it a lot so I think is just the Tour that sucks with calls
    Of course the service works fine for 1 out of 100. Hey every carrier has it's problems But, I would hold out on rating the phone if i've never owned it. I never had the Bold so I cannot afford to say it sucks now can I? I've had AT&T and tmobile. I can afford to say they both suck but Tmob CS is great.
    07-26-09 07:47 PM
    I agree with the OP....the quality of this phone is not even close to the BOLD. I am on my third one and ready to call it quits...and wait to see what VZW does down the road.

The battery door, the battery, the half-*** build quality, muffled sound, poor vibrate...etc.
    07-26-09 08:35 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD