When I use my phone for a long time and the back gets slightly warm (not hot and unsafe but a little warm from say a long phone call or something) and it shows low battery, it does not charge. This has been happening since I got the phone. When it is plugged in, the charging clock screen comes up so it clearly is recognizing that it is plugged in, but the lightning bolt does not appear on the battery icon and the phone does not charge. Why is this happening? Can I fix this?
    If it is any help, I am in the US, the phone is carried by Sprint, and it is a refurbished model from the Sprint website.
    08-31-11 06:07 PM
    Try doing a battery pull and see if that helps.
    08-31-11 06:44 PM
    What OS version are you using? If you use anything above .1030 and have a custom theme (other than the original theme) the lightning bolt will not display at all (not steady and not blinking/flashing).

Like shrew said, do a battery pull, and plug the phone into a different outlet.

I have experienced this issue twice and it was due to dirty connections on the micro usb and in the phone one time, and the other was a loose battery, which a battery pull fixed.

Post your findings please.
    09-01-11 07:52 AM
    What OS version are you using? If you use anything above .1030 and have a custom theme (other than the original theme) the lightning bolt will not display at all (not steady and not blinking/flashing).

Like shrew said, do a battery pull, and plug the phone into a different outlet.

I have experienced this issue twice and it was due to dirty connections on the micro usb and in the phone one time, and the other was a loose battery, which a battery pull fixed.

Post your findings please.
    I'm running v5.0.0.624 and do not have a custom theme. I've done a battery pull before and it helps at that moment but doesn't prevent the issue from coming up again. I've found that not using the phone for a while as it cools down allows me to start charging again, but often times in the cool-down period the phone dies, which is an issue because I am a teenage girl and can not risk missing important calls from my parents when I am out.
    09-01-11 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD