Is it normal for the Tour's file free memory to lower during the course of a week. It was at 74136789 and I had to do and battery pull and the memory went back to 107404104. I have realized I have to do a battery pull at least every week and a half. Is that normal, if not how can I fix the problem for good? Thanx in advance.
    08-20-09 12:00 AM
    I'd say that's pretty normal or at least that's what happens with my phone. I do a battery pull in the morning when I wake and let the tour reboot while I brush my teeth. Works out well for me.
    08-20-09 12:06 AM
    Yes, that's normal. I pull the battery about once per week unless I need to for other reasons.
    08-20-09 12:08 AM
    Yeah. Its normal. Remember, its like a computer. Even your computer needs to get reset every once in a while.
    08-20-09 12:08 AM
    I'd say that's pretty normal or at least that's what happens with my phone. I do a battery pull in the morning when I wake and let the tour reboot while I brush my teeth. Works out well for me.
    Thanx...I was wondering why the memory was always lowering and I didn't even have any apps running. I hate doing battery pulls but if I have to keep doing it to keep my memory hi then so be it.
    08-20-09 12:10 AM
    stop doing battery pulls, just SHIFT, RIGHT ALT and DEL key at the same time , mine does start hogging memory from time to time, apart from the soft resets make sure you have memory cleaning on. noticed a huge diff when enabled
    08-20-09 12:12 AM
    Why pull? Use Lalt+Rshift+del instead. Lots faster, and you don't have to keep taking off your battery door which can cause the locking mechanism to become loose, and you don't have to keep taking the battery out, which can cause the connections to become bent.
    08-20-09 12:14 AM
    stop doing battery pulls, just SHIFT, RIGHT ALT and DEL key at the same time , mine does start hogging memory from time to time, apart from the soft resets make sure you have memory cleaning on. noticed a huge diff when enabled

wait come again with what have to press...
    08-20-09 12:16 AM
    Left alt + Right Shift (aA) + del

all at once.

Dunno wtf the other person was saying, there isn't even a right alt key.
    Last edited by danoh; 08-20-09 at 12:26 AM.
    08-20-09 12:22 AM
    Why pull? Use Lalt+Rshift+del instead. Lots faster, and you don't have to keep taking off your battery door which can cause the locking mechanism to become loose, and you don't have to keep taking the battery out, which can cause the connections to become bent.
    Thanx..that makes a lot of sense. I will do that from here on out.
    08-20-09 12:25 AM
    I do this every morning, except when the screen goes white for the first time I'll do it again. Supposedly I've heard it's a "hard reset" which is somewhat similar to a battery pull but does not truly replicate it.

On occasion I'll do a soft reset if I get under 130MB of memory, when the phone is not important at that time.
    08-20-09 12:51 AM
    i had this same issue today. i noticed it was below 100 for the first time and i was worried. i did memory cleaning and then quickpull and it jumped back of to 116. i was worried cuz i just installed a new theme. looks normal to me.
    08-20-09 12:53 AM
    Buggy o/s. Hopefully this will be fixed with the new os upgrade coming.
    08-20-09 05:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD