Hey everyone,

This is my first BB and although I've read a lot about them and learned a lot from all of you, I'm surprised about this.

When I take my BlackBerry out of bedside mode in the morning, my memory is around 105 MB.

As I check it now, after a days use (a bunch of texting, a couple emails and phone calls, a little browsing, nothing that I would consider heavy use), my memory is down to around 90 MB.

Now I've heard of memory leaks, is that what this is? Or does the memory just generally decrease throughout the days?

I recently installed BerryWeather (which I love, btw), could this be the problem? I search for any memory leaks caused by BerryWeather and only read that it doesn't cause any.

Any ideas? Or is this normal?
    Thanks.
    07-29-09 11:35 PM
    Have you left apps open? I use WeatherBug so I am not sure about WeatherBerry. I have not had this issue that you are having so I would say no it is not normal.
    I also have QuickPull scheduled to do a restart automatically at 4am each day. Just good practice that I started when I had my Storm.
    07-29-09 11:48 PM
    Nope, the only apps that I have open are the standard 5. I close out of everything else.
    07-30-09 08:33 AM
    Well I re-installed BerryWeather, because I didn't notice this problem prior to installing it. I'll see if this helps.
    07-30-09 09:32 AM
    There is no memory leak at all on the Tour (first ever for a BB?). However, if you leave programs like Facebook or BB App World open, it will use memory continuously. This is NOT a memory leak, but memory usage. Close these apps when you are done using them. Normal usage (closing un-used apps) should not cause a drastic drop in memory. The only thing that uses a lot of memory are emails with attachments and MMS. Make sure you set them to deleted after 15 days. Otherwise, a drop to 80MB is NOT uncommon.

If it still persists, do a wipe.
    Last edited by redwanhuq; 07-30-09 at 09:52 AM.
    07-30-09 09:37 AM
    set a quickpull every morning at 4am can also help
    07-30-09 09:41 AM
    My experience weather bug was a problem switched to berry weather & much better
    also all the texts email and browsing can eat space delete things you dont need and empty BB browser cache do a battery pull and then check memory you will see how much memory they were taking up
    07-30-09 09:46 AM
    Well, I've noticed my memory draining much more than on my curve, with the same apps running. I leave viigo running all the time, and I leave OM running as well, but I did that on my curve. I'm down to 78MB as we speak, though I have never done a battery pull or used quick pull in the week I've had it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 10:10 AM
    I'm running weatherbug, VVM, Pandora, Slacker, Meterberry, Poynt, spoof app, FML, QL, BOA, amAze, BB APP World, Ka-Glom!, and PacMan.

I boot up right now at 125, never loose more than 5mb during a days time
    07-30-09 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD