Hey, I got my tour a couple weeks ago and this is my first post with a quick question(yes I tried searching first)

After about a week and a half my signal/coverage on my Tour went from the usual 1XEV to 1x, and was like that for the last few days and I couldn't use the browser or anything besides calls and SMS.

Well as it turns out doing a battery pull really does fix many problems and after rebooting my Tour it is now back to normal 1XEV.

My real question is if this was just a fluke or if this happens regularly and if so, is there is anything to fix it besides restarting it. This is my first BlackBerry(coming from a Treo) so I am still a little newbish when it comes to the BlackBerry world.

Thanks to anyone that can help
    08-23-09 02:29 PM
    it is a fluke and sometimes when you kicked off the data network the phone isnt able to get back on till you either restart the phone or restart the wireless connection. it shouldnt happen to often
    08-23-09 03:33 PM
    Thanks, that is good to know, I did restart my connections a few times with no luck but as long as this isn't a common thing then it'll be no problem.
    08-23-09 03:35 PM
    Thanks, that is good to know, I did restart my connections a few times with no luck but as long as this isn't a common thing then it'll be no problem.
    Often times it can be a fluke of the software or the service provider. obviously a future software update can help solve the problem. in general though it is good practice with blackberrys to do a restart once every few days. many people use a program called quickpull which allows you to schedule phone restarts daily. I do it at 5am every morning. It helps avoid a lot of problems that occur.
    08-23-09 03:47 PM
    Hey, I got my tour a couple weeks ago and this is my first post with a quick question(yes I tried searching first)

After about a week and a half my signal/coverage on my Tour went from the usual 1XEV to 1x, and was like that for the last few days and I couldn't use the browser or anything besides calls and SMS.

Well as it turns out doing a battery pull really does fix many problems and after rebooting my Tour it is now back to normal 1XEV.

My real question is if this was just a fluke or if this happens regularly and if so, is there is anything to fix it besides restarting it. This is my first BlackBerry(coming from a Treo) so I am still a little newbish when it comes to the BlackBerry world.

Thanks to anyone that can help
    many times, sending your service books and re-registering your Tour works fixing signal problems..... to re-register your phone go to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>Hit the Blackberry button and select register now.
    08-23-09 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD