8am till about 2:30 and I'm at 30%

Sent only a few texts, only went to a few web pages and the only app I use is facebook

I'm using the newest verizon OS and I have birghtness on ten and also set to 1XEV only

What the heck is going on!?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-10 04:32 PM
    Do you live in a 3g area. If not then turn that off cause it would waste battery life trying to find it. Also any twitter or anything.

06-21-10 04:42 PM
    Is the signal strong/stable? How active is your facebook? Try keeping it off for a day and see if battery life improves. Try using "standby" mode if you aren't already (upper left button with lock icon on it)...

Also, if you're in the sunlight or a brightly lit room, it may automatically turn the backlight on bright so it shows up.

Presumably you're using the standard battery? How long have you had it?

06-21-10 04:46 PM
    The signal is up n down at my work. Not sure how old battery is s I got it on ebay :/

06-21-10 04:57 PM
    The signal is up n down at my work. Not sure how old battery is s I got it on ebay :/

that is most likely the problem.. i have bought several batteries from ebay before i finally learned my lesson.. don't trust any of them.. you can get a brand new legitimate battery from amazon for around $13 shipped if i remember correctly.

to clarify on the above post, there is no more standby button. with the recent OS's (leaks and officials) the lock button is the only one that will work. the "standby" button will now only function to mute your phone.
    06-21-10 05:58 PM
    Okay so maybe I will get a new battery. How will I know whether one is new and not useed

06-21-10 08:24 PM
    I would personally purchase the new battery from a trusted seller, such as CrackBerry, Verizon, Sprint, etc so that you know you are putting an authentic battery in your device.

Also - I would suggest you dial *228 from the device, then press option #2 to ensure you have the most current roaming capabilities on your device. This will help dial you in to the closest towers in your area, which could enhance your signal which helps the battery. (note - this won't make a huge enough impact to justify not looking at a new battery, just a good idea to do monthly)
    06-21-10 08:29 PM
    Okay so maybe I will get a new battery. How will I know whether one is new and not useed

06-21-10 08:30 PM
    If you buy it from a retailer - it should be new.

Only place I would think you would buy used batteries would be online.
    06-21-10 08:43 PM
    it probably wouldn't hurt to get a new battery, but don't think that is going to be life changing. I use mine for work, no twitter, facebook, or anything and that is abt the battery life I get. I have a new battery too. My phone will normally cut its radio off between 5 and 6 everyday. I think there are some extended batteries out there that doesn't change the back of the phone. Although it doesn't add much, if you are gonna spend money might be worth a shot.........

06-21-10 10:00 PM
    One thing that gets me sometimes is the Mobile Network being set to Global instead of 1X/EV.
    06-22-10 12:08 PM
    i must have an unusual battery. I charge it every night. I take it off of the charger as 7AM and it stays with me all day in an holster (the one it came with), I get phone calls, three different email addresses that I get email to, facebook and twitter thru out the day, SMS messages and phone calls. At night usually 10-1030P I still have 55 to 60 percent. When I am off and get less usage, the charge will last two days.
    06-22-10 12:23 PM
    I have the Seidio 2600MaH battery and even though it's not an "official" RIM or Verizon-sold battery, it's been fantastic. If you're really plowing through battery like crazy, I'd suggest giving it a try. It's $60 and does come with a new battery cover. yes, it does add a few mm of thickness to your phone but you'll adjust to it pretty quickly.
    06-22-10 01:06 PM
    i must have an unusual battery. I charge it every night. I take it off of the charger as 7AM and it stays with me all day in an holster (the one it came with), I get phone calls, three different email addresses that I get email to, facebook and twitter thru out the day, SMS messages and phone calls. At night usually 10-1030P I still have 55 to 60 percent. When I am off and get less usage, the charge will last two days.
    What operating system version are you using?
    06-22-10 02:49 PM
    I had the leaked version just before .732 and was getting about 10 hours of use before it was completely dead. I upgraded to .732 the other day and for about half a day i was getting the same battery life. On my way home that night, I was pushed an update for the app world which required a reboot. After that, I am now getting 2 to 3 DAYS between charges. Not sure if I just needed another reboot after the OS upgrade or something with app world fixed my battery life, but I'm quite pleased now. Maybe try pulling down the latest app world and reboot...can't hurt...costs nothing.
    06-22-10 04:42 PM
    What is your GPS set to? I turned mine on the other day when I was traveling...then forgot to turn it back off. My battery wasn't lasting the whole day either and I thought it was related to my roaming while traveling...but then it did it today back at home. I remembered and went in and disabled my GPS...hopefully that gets me back to lasting 3-4 days at a time before recharging like before.
    06-22-10 05:16 PM
    I just upgraded to Verizons 5.0.0.732, and immediately, my battery life dropped. I now have to charge it during the day, or it will die. Before the upgrade, I could get 2 or 3 full days on a charge.
    06-22-10 10:42 PM
    I updated my OS from a hybrid, and my wife's from the previous official VZW OS, to VZW .732 and both phones have a significant decrease in battery life. I'll be installing a hybrid again soon.
    06-23-10 11:26 AM
    What hyvrid or leaked or official os is best for battery

06-23-10 02:17 PM
    My battery life has dropped significantly as well. I can just let it sit, and not use it, and will drain crazy. Any helpful tips welcome.
    06-23-10 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD