Hey guys, I'm new at this forum. I've made a couple of searchs but didn't found the answer for my issue.

I've just bought the bb tour on ebay. It said unlocked but when I put t-mobile sim it says that requires activation.

so I'm not sure what the problem is, can you please help me?

thx in advance...
    09-28-09 11:28 PM
    any answer???

please... I don't know what to do..
    09-29-09 10:08 AM
    Go to Menu - Options - Advanced options - SIM Card - type MEPD (you will not see the text as you type). If all the listed options say "Disabled", the device is unlocked.

If the Network option says "Active" - it is locked...

As for the activation, give tmobile customer service a call and see whether they can sort it out (Make sure the device is unlocked first).
    09-29-09 10:21 AM
    Are you able to make phone calls? Does your Tour "work"? I usually get that message when i need to activate the device with VZ in my case which in turn i dial *228 and follow the prompts to activate the phone. Once it is active, the message is gone and i am able to make calls and use the phone.
    I don't know what the corresponding activation number for T-mobile is.
    09-29-09 10:22 AM
    Check the storm tip how to and faq sub forum for a thread about getting full data on the storm on tmobile. Those instructions should be adaptable to your tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 10:25 AM
    Go to Menu - Options - Advanced options - SIM Card - type MEPD (you will not see the text as you type). If all the listed options say "Disabled", the device is unlocked.

If the Network option says "Active" - it is locked...
    All the options says disabled so it's supposed to be unlocked right?

Check the storm tip how to and faq sub forum for a thread about getting full data on the storm on tmobile. Those instructions should be adaptable to your tour.
    Oki I'll check and let you know guys..

thx a lot !!
    09-29-09 12:45 PM
    09-29-09 02:28 PM
    All the options says disabled so it's supposed to be unlocked right?

thx a lot !!
    Your device is unlocked buddy! Just give tmobile customer service a call to sort out the activation problem!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD