Just got my new 9630 from Verizon. Previous 8830 user. I used the standby key a lot on the 8830 to save battery life. I don't see the standby feature on the 9630. Does the keyboard lock work the same as standby?
    07-15-09 04:39 PM
    Press and hold the hangup key... it will enter standby.
    You will notice a power icon under the phone icon on said key.
    07-15-09 04:40 PM
    Yeah i heard you have to hold the top right button down to put it into standby
    07-15-09 04:40 PM
    Look at the top of the phone, theres the 2 buttons above the screen. The one on the left is the lock button and the one on the right is the mute button. Hold the mute button down and it will put the phone into standby mode.
    07-15-09 04:41 PM
    press and hold the hangup key... it will enter standby.
    more like turning the phone off.... take a closer look at the top of the phone, specifically the beveled part
    07-15-09 04:41 PM
    Try holding down the mute key (top right rocker key, opposite the lock key) - it doesn't have a Standby function on the Storm, but I think on the other new 'Berries it's both a mute key and a standby key. Could be wrong, though.
    07-15-09 04:42 PM
    Its the same as all the other BB's. Took me two seconds to figure it out in the VZW store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 04:46 PM
    The key on the top of the phone is the "MUTE" Standby key. It also locks the keyboard until the same mute button is pressed.
    07-15-09 04:47 PM
    more like turning the phone off.... take a closer look at the top of the phone, specifically the beveled part
    Didn't even know that there was a difference. I've never placed my phone in standby or turned it off to know. I always thought people just used the two terms interchangeably.
    07-15-09 04:50 PM
    Didn't even know that there was a difference. I've never placed my phone in standby or turned it off to know. I always thought people just used the two terms interchangeably.
    Quite a difference ;-) I use standby all the time now while waiting on my holster.
    07-15-09 05:22 PM
    Just got my new 9630 from Verizon. Previous 8830 user. I used the standby key a lot on the 8830 to save battery life. I don't see the standby feature on the 9630. Does the keyboard lock work the same as standby?

Top right as people have mentioned, but to answer your other question, keyboard lock and standby are different. Keyboard lock will do what it says and lock the keyboard. However, if you press a key the screen will turn on to let you know the keys are locked. You really don't want this if you are trying to conserve your battery. Standby mode will not do anything if you touch the keys. You just push the standby (mute) button again to bring it back to life.
    07-15-09 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD