hello

i bought a tour from ebay which i received today..
    there was some errors in the OS (can't remember) , and there were many 3rd party apps installed on the cellphone.. so i wiped it , and the errors got fixed..
    and then i started testing the cellphone .. everything was fine , so i tried a phone call .. i couldn't hear the other person in handset speaker, while i could using the loudspeaker.. at the beginning i thought the problem is related to the call only , but then i got an idea to try and listen to music via the handset instead of the loudspeaker , and again , no sound (i tried headphones, and they worked as well.. and tried plugging and unplugging them several times but it didn't help)

then i thought it might be the OS , it was v5.0.0.1030 (the latest) , so i downgraded to .983 , but still the same .. then i downgraded to v4.7.1.57 .. but no luck again (and now i can't update via DM since i need to be an active BB service subscriber.. i guess i'll need to update it manually ? , but still i don't think it will bring the sound back)

any ideas what might be the problem ? (i have no problem at all with disassembling and replacing parts if thats the case)

thanks

edit: i meant "handset" instead of "handheld" in the title.. i wiped the os using BBSAK , and installed the latest os again.. but again there is no sound.. guess its hardware issue..
    Last edited by bobo122; 09-24-11 at 07:12 AM.
    09-23-11 06:29 PM
    hello

i bought a tour from ebay which i received today..
    there was some errors in the OS (can't remember) , and there were many 3rd party apps installed on the cellphone.. so i wiped it , and the errors got fixed..
    and then i started testing the cellphone .. everything was fine , so i tried a phone call .. i couldn't hear the other person in handset speaker, while i could using the loudspeaker.. at the beginning i thought the problem is related to the call only , but then i got an idea to try and listen to music via the handset instead of the loudspeaker , and again , no sound (i tried headphones, and they worked as well.. and tried plugging and unplugging them several times but it didn't help)

then i thought it might be the OS , it was v5.0.0.1030 (the latest) , so i downgraded to .983 , but still the same .. then i downgraded to v4.7.1.57 .. but no luck again (and now i can't update via DM since i need to be an active BB service subscriber.. i guess i'll need to update it manually ? , but still i don't think it will bring the sound back)

any ideas what might be the problem ? (i have no problem at all with disassembling and replacing parts if thats the case)

thanks

edit: i meant "handset" instead of "handheld" in the title.. i wiped the os using BBSAK , and installed the latest os again.. but again there is no sound.. guess its hardware issue..
    What do you have the speaker set on although this is a dumb question figuring you checked this already? If it is set to loud and the volume button for the handheld is turned up, then you might just have a problem child there and need to use your speaker only?? Sorry!
    09-26-11 10:07 AM
    i have another tour thats working fine , so i tried to put the motherboard of the problematic tour into the working one .. but the problem is still the same .. the loudspeaker works, while the handset doesn't , it doesn't make any sound at all (i tried changing the volume levels but it didn't help) .. the interesting part is that the 3.5mm audio jack works, and so does the camera and the antenna (these 3 are connected along with the handset speaker via the same flex cable to the motherboard)

thanks for the reply
    09-26-11 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD