Well I just got a used tour and there is no sim card. Now I got the phone activated via the web verizon website. The tour show on my account but I cannot program the phone. I did as instructed by turning off the old phone, dialing *228 on the tour and it says "programing unsuccessful". So my guess is that it is because I have no sim card. If that is the case there is a verizon store close to me so I can get one. Would someone please help me out here and let me know if this right before I go and by one.
    04-17-10 08:46 AM
    The device does not use a SIM card while it is on the Verizon network. So that's not the issue.

Be sure that the Network settings are set to 1XEV.

Try programming it again.
    04-17-10 08:56 AM
    I have a used Tour with no sim card. The phone works perfectly on verizon. I suggest calling customer service and have them activate it over the phone. The sim card has nothing to do with this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-10 08:57 AM
    I changed it to 1XEV, and now when I dial *228 it ask if I want to make a collect call blah blah blah. What should the network selection mode be automatic B or A?
    04-17-10 09:11 AM
    Mine is set to Automatic A.

Just wondering if maybe the device is branded to a carrier other than Verizon?
    04-17-10 09:32 AM
    No it is branded for Verizon. I will try changing the mode to A as mine is set to B. Thanks.
    04-17-10 09:59 AM
    My guess would be just take the phone down to the vzw store and have them activate it. If they can't I'd be getting my money back from the seller.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-10 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD