hello every on
    i have problem on my tour 9630 , i have unlocked tour ( Verizon ) i live in Sudan and i can't use my phone with full features :
    i can't use Facebook application and twitter application
    my browser is works fine
    so how i can use these application without problems

** my service provider has not provide blackberry application ( BIS )

please help

thanks,,,,
    03-20-12 01:27 PM
    You need a BlackBerry data plan. It's called BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS). It's an add-on from your service provider. Also, Verizon and Sprint devices are primarily designed to be used on their respective Verizon and Sprint CDMA networks. Though they have SIM card slots, some functionality could be limited (mainly network speed which might end up being 2G) even with BIS service. You never know, though. You could get lucky. Get a SIM card with BIS, pop it in, and give it a try. It might even be fully functional with 3G speed. If you still have problems, check back here on this site. Many people are quite resourceful, and they know and share the tweaks needed to get various networks' devices working on other networks.
    Last edited by T�nis; 03-20-12 at 01:47 PM.
    Abu-Galal likes this.
    03-20-12 01:36 PM
    You need a BlackBerry data plan. It's called BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS). It's an add-on from your service provider. Also, Verizon and Sprint devices are primarily designed to be used on their respective Verizon and Sprint CDMA networks. Though they have SIM card slots, some functionality will be limited (mainly network speed which might end up being 2G) even with BIS service. You never know, though. But you could get lucky. Get a SIM card with BIS, pop it in, and give it a try. It might be fully functional with 3G speed. If you still have problems, check back here on this site. Many people are pretty resourceful with the tweaks needed to get various networks' devices working on other networks.
    thanks mr. T�nis , so how i can install these service ( BIS ) in my phone and my network speed is 3G my service provider and all services provider has not CDMA technology in my area and i have not SIM card with BIS .
    so there are any tool or something can i use to solve this issue and what i look for in these site can you help me with a link for problems like this
    thanks,,,,
    03-20-12 01:54 PM
    The only way to get BIS is from a service provider. It's an add-on to your monthly bill. You need to get a GSM service provider who can give you a SIM card with BIS. It's the only way; there's no other way to install BIS. Some people use BlackBerries without BIS. They use stuff like Logicmail for email, but I don't have any experience with that. There is a topic here somewhere that explains how. If I find it, I'll post the link.
    Abu-Galal likes this.
    03-20-12 02:05 PM
    I think this topic gives ideas on how to get one network's device working on another network, but I think the device still needs BIS

Everything Works

There are other topics on cb and on the net on how to get the most out of a BlackBerry that doesn't have BIS.
    Abu-Galal likes this.
    03-20-12 02:20 PM
    The only way to get BIS is from a service provider. It's an add-on to your monthly bill. You need to get a GSM service provider who can give you a SIM card with BIS. It's the only way; there's no other way to install BIS. Some people use BlackBerries without BIS. They use stuff like Logicmail for email, but I don't have any experience with that. There is a topic here somewhere that explains how. If I find it, I'll post the link.
    Ok and thank you again
    i heard about service book and i found ATT service book.ipd and i install it and nothing has been made.
    what if install Verizon service book it works?

another thing : i have some one he live in United states and he will come back to africa in 2 weeks ( What do you can advise me )

and provide me with link if you found it thanks,,,,,,,
    03-20-12 02:33 PM
    We must have cross-posted. It's right above your last post. Another thing to keep in mind is that whoever had the Verizon Tour before you should have contacted Verizon to have that BlackBerry's PIN "released." Hopefully he did it. But I'm not sure if that's still necessary these days with BlackBerry ID.
    Abu-Galal likes this.
    03-20-12 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD