So this forum seems to be flooded with issues from Sprint and Verizon. Are there little to no issues with Tours from Telus/Bell?
    08-22-09 05:34 PM
    I had a Telus Tour with the trackball issue and muffled sound. I swapped it out at day 28 and I have no issues at all. Trackball works as it should and I haven't had anyone complaining that I sounded like I was at the bottom of a well when I talked to them.
    08-22-09 05:53 PM
    i think i have been lucky because i have not had any trouble its been awesome with Telus i have owned Pearl8130 and now a Tour 9630. the only problem im having now is trying to figure out how to turn back on my berrybuzz disco led incoming setting (incoming call) ..
    08-22-09 05:58 PM
    I have had zero problems with my telus tour. And mine is made in mexico if anyone is wondering.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 05:59 PM
    Bell ... Mexico 5..... Its a keeper!

08-22-09 06:03 PM
    Bell / Mexico here: No problems at all. The Tour is SWEET!

08-22-09 07:03 PM
    This is interesting that the US is having so much trouble with the Tours...
    08-22-09 08:11 PM
    Bell Tour here.....slight trackball issue that imho is software related. I can make it go away when I change sensitivity settings. Waiting for software update.
    08-22-09 09:15 PM
    I bought the Telus Tour and I had the trackball issue right out of the box. Setting it to 80 vertical, 90 horizontal puts a band aid on it, but im going to replace the trackball as soon as the replacement comes in the mail.
    Otherwise, its an amazing phone.
    08-22-09 09:33 PM
    Bell Tour here.....slight trackball issue that imho is software related. I can make it go away when I change sensitivity settings. Waiting for software update.
    Same here. Also a signal that is a lil unstable but great call quality and holds 1XEV everywhere.
    Hope signal will improve with os upgrade.

08-22-09 09:34 PM
    Another Bell Tour here...only issue is the speakerphone. It sounds....distorted. Was going to exchange but after reading everyone's complaints, I can live with it

08-22-09 09:53 PM
    I have a TELUS Tour (Mexico 5 if it matters) received about a week after release.

I have some of the discussed issues to a minor degree.

My battery door is loose but that's a huge deal. I'll get a new one from my sales rep at some point.

I have occasional trackball issues. I too believe this is OS-related. The rest of the time the trackball is awesome.

My biggest fault is with Bluetooth and VAD. All the tones of VAD are super-loud in comparison with the "Bionic Betty" voice. Most of the time the person on the other end can't hear me when I'm on my Bluetooth headset.
    Again this should be fixed by the OS.

08-22-09 11:55 PM
    So I forgot to add my little conclusion: the pro's far outweigh con's. I love this phone!

08-22-09 11:57 PM
    LOVE MY TOUR! I got it the day after release. No trackball issues the back cover did creek a little when I used the key pad. I read other forums and a little scotch tape on the inside cover made me completely forget about it. I have only had a problem with the skins made for tour sold by telus, they don't fit as snugly as i would have hoped.
    08-23-09 12:18 AM
    bell tour here.. no issues with the device.. i do dislike the fact that i dont get a gps lock in google maps still but thats about it.
    08-23-09 06:33 AM
    Bell Tour. First one had a defective keyboard (some keys felt mushy). Second Tour is pretty good, only a loose battery door (non-issue since I use a skin).

08-23-09 08:30 AM
    I have the left-right trackball issue. More of a nuisance for me than anything else. I set the horizontal tracking sensitivity to 90, and that took care of the problem for the most part. It scrolls well enough for most of my needs. For some programs I still can't move the cursor left-right very well, and on others it moves too easily. I feel this problem is a software issue. For the most part the Tour works extremely well. I just wish voice reception was better around my house. The Bell/Telus network upgrades are supposed to take care of this problem, according to a Bell tech support rep.
    08-23-09 10:57 AM
    Telus Tour (Made in Mexico 5)

Problem is loose battery door - fixed it by folding small piece of paper and putting it middle of BB and closing door.

Other problem deal with updates. After synchronization has been completed, does a check for updates. Window appears listing several updates including OS and other related updates. Even though I clicked to install updates, message is returned saying my Tour is already up to date. This has happened a few times and is a bit annoying.

Having moved from my old trusty 8703e to the Tour is like night and day! Its a great machine and am glad I moved up.
    08-28-09 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD