I see all theses posts about problems with their Tours weather its the track ball or signal or data issues... But I cant relate to any of these problems...

I mean sure its froze a couple times or has loaded slow, but what phone dosnt? I have had the phone for 8 months and the trackball rolls like a champ, signals great and I only need to pull the battery when somethings uninstalled.

Does anyone else have no problems with their tour like me? I have Sprint if that makes a difference.
    06-25-10 12:47 AM
    I as well have sprint, despite a few signal issues related to the metal roof on my office building, i have zero issues, just took my tour to the sprint store and they cleaned the trackball for me, now works like new.
    06-25-10 10:03 AM
    We have 4 or 5 Tours out of 6 at my company that have never had a single issue or problem of any kind, ever. All are VZW phones that range from 5 to 9 months in age. Our users do not want to exchange them for new Tours or Bolds, although our VZW rep offered to do so at no charge. We did exchange the oldest one, mine, for a new Bold 9650 do to some very new issues that just started happening and because they offered. Only one other person is even considering switching, but he is waiting to see what I say, which is GO for it dude!
    06-25-10 11:32 AM
    The only two issues I've had with my Tour, and I've had it from day 1, is that in the last VZW operating system, I had trackball issues but nother ridiculous. This time, I've had a bit of trouble with my Google Sync, but that has cleared up. So, I love it, and it works great. I can't believe that I am that lucky to have received one of the few phones without problems.

Jeff
    06-25-10 12:47 PM
    Trackball is a bad design.. as long as you can roll the trackball with your fingers and there is a small gap between the ball and the housing / sensors your trackball will eventually fail due to debris/oil getting into it.

I went through two Curves and two Tours due to the trackball either stopped working or is not responding instantly.

btw the other issues with the Tour are OS issues.. Browser click ( which is fixed with the latest Official OS ), Bluetooth sound quality issues, Bluetooth connection issues, etc.
    06-25-10 12:51 PM
    I haven't had many of the issues the most people on these forums speak of. My Tour is 9 months old and I am loving it more every day. I continue to search the forums to get more tips n tricks. I was thinking about the 9650 (Bold/Tour2), but realized that there is no need to spend more $$$ on a phone when there is absolutely nothing wrong w/my current phone.

FYI, prior to the Tour, I had a Pearl for 2 years and had no problems w/the trackball. But I must say that I use the compressed air on a weekly basis to blow out any dust near and around the keyboard, and I also take a q-tip and dip it in alcohol to clean my trackball about twice a month. To me these are just techniques to keep the phone clean and avoiding the trackball issues that so many people speak of.
    06-25-10 01:09 PM
    My Tour works perfect too so I can't really justify spending the money on a new Bold when this BlackBerry is perfectly fine.
    06-25-10 02:48 PM
    I had a 8330 for 2 years and then this Tour - no issues w/ trackballs on either phone. Have to agree that eating chicken strips while using the phone isn't good for the trackball.

I prefer the 419 OS on the Tour for the Bluetooth quality - rock solid for me - no reason to upgrade.
    06-25-10 04:24 PM
    I loved my Tour. My trackball had the occasional stick but nothing too bad. The big problem I had was my modem in it was bad and the techs couldn't figure out how to fix it. Went through a bunch of different people to try and fix it. They decided it needed to be replaced. Unfortunately/Fortunately (in some people's mind) the sent me the Bold to replace my Tour. This was before "Boldgate" officially started and their thought was that the different OS and I guess the new 6.0 that should be coming would work better. (I use mine to tether on their plan for school and it just has to work or I can't take my web classes.) Anyway, the jury is still out on the Bold, and I am not sure why everyone got so excited. I am one of the few I guess that bought the Tour because of the trackball. The CSR told me that if Tours came back in then if I didn't like the Bold they would switch it our again for me. Not loving the trackpad, but the Bold is amazing when I use it to tether. Since that's a higher priority then I guess I keep it. Still I miss my Tour and wish they could have fixed the modem issue for me.
    06-25-10 04:43 PM
    Mine is perfect <3
    06-25-10 04:45 PM
    ever since i have gotten my tour on vzw i have had no trackball or signal problems with it. maybe i just got lucky, but i'm not even thinking of switching to the bold 9650 anytime soon because of how much i love my tour
    06-25-10 04:51 PM
    I love my tour. Its perfect in every way.
    06-25-10 05:17 PM
    Mine works great!
    06-25-10 05:19 PM
    I absolutely LOVE my tour and have never had any issues with it. I read a lot of people had issues with it, but never had any. I did switch it out when I first got it for a 'green dot' tour, but since then, it runs like a champ and is beautiful!!

The ONLY phone I would consider replacing it with is the 'Torch' if VZ ever gets it. But even then, touchscreen is a huge change for me. I had the STORM for 2 weeks and hated it, it felt soooooo delicate and wasn't a fan of surepress.

So, I have an upgrade in August...but will wait for the Torch, or nothing!

I love my VZ TOUR!!!!
    06-25-10 06:25 PM
    Mine has worked great since day 1, and I love the trackball!
    06-25-10 07:28 PM
    We also had some BB World, Curve and Pearl phones in addition to the Tours with trackballs over the last few years that never had trackball problems or much of any problems at all for that matter. We all did do some "monthly matainence" with compressed air, alcohol swabs, paper strips, etc and washed our hands often.
    06-25-10 07:33 PM
    My trackball used to stick back when I first got my Tour in July '09 but it works fine now with no issues. My Tour is problem free also.
    06-26-10 02:08 PM
    The trackball drew me to Blackberry, I only wish my Tour had more memory and WIFII, but amen...in time.. I do have a laptop! And I am on Verizon....
    06-26-10 02:23 PM
    Good to know everyone has Tours that dont fail them lol. Hopefully this shows those Tour haters that its actually a really good phone! No need to upgrade to a Bold yet, maybe after OS 6 comes out since it wont be offered to the Tour, but the Tour resale value could make it to 200 depending on condition. So I wont have to pay that much more.
    06-28-10 12:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD