I just installed the Gmail App (2.0.7) on the Tour and though it installed fine, required the expected reboot, and shows up in the Applications List...there is no icon for Gmail (red envelope) anywhere, either displayed or hidden. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Gmail with the same problem. Any clues?
    07-15-09 08:59 AM
    Is this for the tour or the curve?? If tour check the downloads folder
    07-15-09 09:01 AM
    yeah, that downloads folder is kinda aggravating
    07-15-09 09:02 AM
    Is this for the tour or the curve?? If tour check the downloads folder
    Many thanks! Been a BB user since the first one they ever made and I'd have never thought to look here.
    07-15-09 09:04 AM
    My question is this...

I have a Gmail account but don't install any of their applications on my BB, I guess it's because I had an 8830 and 8330 and with everything else installed, I'd loose too much memory.

Now, I have my Gmail account coming to my phone through BIS, what are the advantages of installing the program you did?
    07-15-09 09:15 AM
    @Graffix01

I've tried Gmail in all ways on a BB and have always preferred the Gmail App. It's laid out exactly as my Gmail account, which is my primary email, and it's easier to interact with labels, etc. in the native BB Gmail account. It's just a preference, I guess, but it also works just fine as a regular BB email app.
    07-15-09 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD