I just set up my Blackberry with BIS after a week or so with account issues (Apparently some tech had added this weird plan addon and it took forever to take off), so I'm raring at the bit to get to surfing on this baby. Everything works perfect, browser, bbm, app world, sprint tv, etc. etc.

However the email is just non existent. Every time I set up a mail account it says that a new icon will appear on my homescreen... but no icon appears. I have deleted and set up the emails like 4 times, resent my service books and sent the registration too, but nothing works. No icon appears! (and yes I've checked for hidden icons) Does anyone know whats up?

If not is there another way to get my gmail account on my phone?
    12-17-09 02:49 PM
    Just a thought here. Have you tried resetting your icon homepage? that may do the trick.
    12-17-09 03:46 PM
    Nope nothing. It's like it doesn't exist. Might this have to do with the service blackout?
    12-17-09 03:52 PM
    I just set up my Blackberry with BIS after a week or so with account issues (Apparently some tech had added this weird plan addon and it took forever to take off), so I'm raring at the bit to get to surfing on this baby. Everything works perfect, browser, bbm, app world, sprint tv, etc. etc.

However the email is just non existent. Every time I set up a mail account it says that a new icon will appear on my homescreen... but no icon appears. I have deleted and set up the emails like 4 times, resent my service books and sent the registration too, but nothing works. No icon appears! (and yes I've checked for hidden icons) Does anyone know whats up?

If not is there another way to get my gmail account on my phone?
    Were you doing all this last night /today? There has been a known BIS outage all day long and this could be the cause. I got 15 emails this morning all at once and havent had another pushed to my device since, so I know the outage is still going on for me and some.
    12-17-09 04:02 PM
    Time to call your carrier and get this thing resolved!
    12-17-09 04:14 PM
    Time to call your carrier and get this thing resolved!
    Most likely related to the BIS Outage that is still going on
    12-17-09 04:22 PM
    Does anyone know when the outage (specifically sprint I guess) might be over? I've looked but I can't find anything

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-09 04:31 PM
    Does anyone know when the outage (specifically sprint I guess) might be over? I've looked but I can't find anything

Nope, just have to be patient with it. It happens from time to time.
    12-17-09 04:32 PM
    Okay the icon has now shown up, however I can't seem to send or receive emails. Oh well... Ill just attribute that to the outage.

Thanks for the help guys

12-17-09 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD