Ok this is bugging me pretty bad. On the Tour you can't view device memory? You could on the Storm. Also you can't edit device memory when it's hooked up to your computer, only the Memory Card? What's up with that? Or am I not doing something right?

Storm:Tour:
    08-29-09 05:49 PM
    The Tour does not have Device Memory.. only app memory and media card memory
    08-29-09 06:10 PM
    I believe I recall the Tour having 256Mb device memory, with 130Mb of that dedicated to app storage.
    08-29-09 09:54 PM
    People need to search first...

But for the last time I hope.

The Tour does not have onboard DEVICE MEMORY. It only has 256 mb system memory which is used for apps. The Tour comes with no discrete memory on the device. Though it comes with a 2 gb microSD card.

And though it lists device memory when you look at your preloaded pictures, it only means the 256 mb that is included. I think Tour owners are better off than Storm owners because having 1 gb onboard memory doesn't mean much if you have a 16 gb microsd card like I do, but I'm only limited to 128 mb for apps while you guys get 256 mb. I had to buy my own microsd card but you guys get a free 2 gb one.

So it's like this.

Tour: 256 MB storage (used as system ram/app/memory) and a 2 gb MicroSD.

Bold/Storm: 128 MB system ram ONLY. 1 GB onboard device memory, no microSD card comes pre-loaded.

So you Tour owners miss out on having built-in memory that is apart from your 256 mb system ram, but gain the added 2 gb memory card. While Bold/Storm users only get 128 mb system ram, have 1 gb onboard device memory, but no memory card is included unless you buy one yourselves.
    Last edited by Madness87; 08-30-09 at 08:34 AM.
    08-30-09 08:31 AM
    My Storm came with a 2GB memory card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

CORRECTION:
    My Storm came with an 8GB memory card not 2GB like the Tour.
    Last edited by rswaz; 08-30-09 at 11:48 AM.
    08-30-09 08:34 AM
    My storm came with an 8GB card... when i got rid of the storm, I took my 8GB from the strom and put it into the Tour
    08-30-09 08:39 AM
    My Storm came with a 2GB memory card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Oh then I guess Bold owners were the only ones who didn't get a pre-loaded memory card. Either way, onboard memory is quite useless if you end up getting a 16 gb microSD slot.

I would give up my 1 gb onboard device memory in a heartbeat if I could double my system memory from 128 mb to 256 mb.
    08-30-09 08:40 AM
    After resetting my phone, I checked my memory availability and this is what I got:

STATUS
    File Free: 93.2Mb
    Databases Sizes: 2463.7K

MEMORY
    Application Memory
    Free Space: 88.8Mb

METER BERRY
    Application
    Total: 256Mb
    Free: 88.9

Device
    Total: 15Mb
    Free: 12.2Mb

Now I'm really confused! I can't make heads or tails out of these numbers. What is device memory and what gets stored in there? Am I to believe that I have devoured 167.1Mb with applications [and OS]? I read somewhere awhile ago - I think I recall it being from an authoritative source - that 130Mb was dedicated expressly for app storage. Can anybody shed some light on this 'Great Memory Debate'?
    08-30-09 03:08 PM
    Oh then I guess Bold owners were the only ones who didn't get a pre-loaded memory card. Either way, onboard memory is quite useless if you end up getting a 16 gb microSD slot.

I would give up my 1 gb onboard device memory in a heartbeat if I could double my system memory from 128 mb to 256 mb.

Wrong, mine came with an 8Gb card.
    08-30-09 03:24 PM
    Is it possible to store applications on the memory card and run them like on the storm? I think I read back before it came out that you couldn't? But not sure...
    08-30-09 03:30 PM
    Wrong, mine came with an 8Gb card.
    Was your Bold factory-shipped with an 8gb microSD card already installed in the device or inside the box?? Or were you just given an 8gb card from the store or carrier you got it from?
    08-30-09 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD