When I press the green phone button, then menu, then options, then general options, under phone list view, it doesn't give me the option to choose "call log". My only options are "most recent", "most used", and "name". I would really like to get the option for "call log" back. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    07-29-09 01:48 PM
    I think most recent will be your call log in the order that they were received. Is that what your asking?
    07-29-09 02:35 PM
    That option orders your call log by most recent, most used, or alphabetically by name. You can also bring up a little more detailed call log by opening your message folder and pressing ALT+P.
    07-29-09 02:52 PM
    I understand, but should I be able to set my phone list view to "call log"? I know i should be able to, but that option doesn't exist on my phone.
    07-29-09 03:19 PM
    Mine shows up as call log all the time then I can choose to edit the call log by listing them by most recent, by name, or by most used. All 3 are the call log not contacts or anything else so I pretty confused as what you want.
    07-29-09 03:29 PM
    When I choose "reverse lookup", I have an error message that reads, "to use this feature, please set your phone log view to 'call log'. to do this, click the blackberry key, select options, click general options, then change 'phone list view' to 'call log'." I cannot change 'phone list view' to 'call log' because that is not an option on my phone unfortunately. Sorry for the confusion, hope that helps.
    07-29-09 04:37 PM
    i know what you mean, i wish there was teh call log option as well. The option is available on the 8330, 8900, and 9000, (not sure about storm) i like it alot more than the most recent view
    07-29-09 04:56 PM
    Ah okay, just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one. Weird, thanks again to verizon to crippling my phone haha. Any way to fix this?
    07-29-09 07:55 PM
    This might be what you're after...

from the screen after hitting the green phone button hit the menu

select options

from options select call logging and then select to show all calls in Message List

Your phone should pause to build the call list

Then from the Message app using the menu ...select view folder

From the folder list select Phone Call Logs

you should get a chronological list of calls made and received. Clicking on a call gives you the specs of that call and allows for call backs.

clicking the return button takes you back to the full messages list.

Putting the call log in the Message list does clutter it up but you can clean up the view by seelcting the various folders.
    07-29-09 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD