im jst really hoping its may 9th like my birthdays may 7th so it wood b a nice present.
    04-06-09 11:13 PM
    Im pretty much just waiting for this phone's release. I would it to be sometime soon, but I would hate it to be as flaky as my Storm. Pros and Cons. I do know one thing for sure, my first status update on twitter is going to go something like this, "OMGWFTIGOTMYHANDSONA9630ITZAWESOME9630FTWBBQ" . And its not gonna take me ages to type due to errors my fat fingers on a touch screen. I miss the Qwerty. Me wantz a Qwerty.
    04-07-09 12:15 AM
    im jst really hoping its may 9th like my birthdays may 7th so it wood b a nice present.
    your spell-checker just exploded
    lol
    A friendly reminder
    04-07-09 08:12 AM
    My next upgrade is October, so I am in no rush. hopefully they will get all the bugs out by the time I can upgrade.
    04-07-09 08:40 AM
    Today I was able to schmooze the ladies at the VZW counter for the unofficially official Niagra release date: May 9th. They told me they had gotten that little bit of information handed down from corporate in some sort of pre-release information sheet they can access as an employee of Verizon.

This is a direct quote from the lady at the kiosk, "I'm not supposed to tell you this, but May 9th."

Enjoy Crackberry nation!

no offense but that employee was completely wrong and shouldnt have told you that... the talks of the niagara or dummy phones havent seen the lights of a vzw store, I promise you that !
    04-07-09 09:07 AM
    You know how you can tell a Verizon Kiosk rep is lying? THERE LIPS ARE MOVING!!!!!!!! j/k

Seriously thought the best Verizon reps get there info here, AND they know nothing is certain till REAL late in the game.

EDIT: Ok so who wants to strangle me if I tell that joke ONE more time? Be honest, I can take it.
    Last edited by pkcable; 04-07-09 at 09:40 AM.
    04-07-09 09:36 AM
    So much speculation - so little facts!! This is getting tiresome!

So, I might as well chime in with an opinion with some minor factual backing.

Many of you have pointed at the Storm as strictly a consumer device. While, I'm sure this was their original intent, don't be fooled! Businesses are offering the Storm as an option to their employees along with the Curve. In fact, I would speculate from what I've seen in the company which I work, there are more Storm's than there are Curve's in IT's hands.

So, along with that is my speculation that Verizon may be pressured to offer a more business-like phone such as the much anticipated Niagara. So, I can seriously see Verizon pushing out a phone that may have a slightly buggy OS rather than waiting for a more perfect OS. We all know things can't get PERFECT...but, I think Verizon can't wait that long to get something out there... So, I would suspect we might see the Niagara show it's colors earlier than later.
    04-07-09 11:48 AM
    Many of you have pointed at the Storm as strictly a consumer device. While, I'm sure this was their original intent, don't be fooled! Businesses are offering the Storm as an option to their employees along with the Curve. In fact, I would speculate from what I've seen in the company which I work, there are more Storm's than there are Curve's in IT's hands.
    While you are correct that many business' are using the Storm, RIM/Verizon did not market it as a professional device. All the commercials (the one's with Jim from The Office) cover only the media and browsing features.
    04-07-09 12:05 PM
    While you are correct that many business' are using the Storm, RIM/Verizon did not market it as a professional device. All the commercials (the one's with Jim from The Office) cover only the media and browsing features.
    Yes - thank you for repeating what I had already said.

04-07-09 12:19 PM
    Yes - thank you for repeating what I had already said.

Your post was insufficient. I have an opinion. Sorry.

04-07-09 01:22 PM
    I can't wait to get this phone!
    04-07-09 02:32 PM
    Well, if VZW still has the buy one BB get one free, I'm going to try to convince my GF to switch to VZW and get a BB and then maybe I can get it free or split the phone price with her.
    04-07-09 08:44 PM
    There is no "delay." What you fail to understand is that NOTHING OFFICIAL has been announced so there cannot be a delay.

When they announce the August release and then delay it, complain then. Until then sit tight..........
    I have to agree, although I am one of the many customers anxious for the release.
    04-08-09 09:48 AM
    Well, if VZW still has the buy one BB get one free, I'm going to try to convince my GF to switch to VZW and get a BB and then maybe I can get it free or split the phone price with her.
    I am hoping for this but doubt it. If it is still going on then my gf can upgrade to a different phone and I can do this deal (and hopefully get my upgrade discount) then we can have a curve as a backup.
    04-08-09 10:12 AM
    I am hoping for this but doubt it. If it is still going on then my gf can upgrade to a different phone and I can do this deal (and hopefully get my upgrade discount) then we can have a curve as a backup.
    not that this is the end-all bit of evidence to prove one way or another -- but i listened to the commercial earlier today and it states "now buy 1 bb get another of equal or lesser value free" etc etc... as opposed to "now for a limited time only buy ..."

im not saying that verizon is contracted now to offer this forever.. but at least we know there's a chance for it to still be around. and on the profit side of things -- as long as they require a data plan with all their smart phones they're still making bank from the monthlys... more than enough to give the phones out for better deals.

-Cow
    04-08-09 10:20 AM
    Wow 7 pages of a thread titled 'Niagara VZW Release Date' yet there isn't a release date. On this forum? I am shocked .
    04-08-09 10:28 AM
    maybe verizon users got fooled by may 9 th released , never know ?? best is wait till may to find out !!
    04-08-09 10:48 AM
    yea, its the waiting thats the worst part...
    04-08-09 10:58 AM
    At the start of the year Verizon came in and did a device roadmap. Back then it listed the 9630 as a June release, so I don't see May happening.
    04-08-09 11:06 AM
    Is this thing gonna have WiFi (or not)? Does anybody know? If it doesn't then it's basically a weak sister to the 8900/Bold. Who would really want one except Vzn fanboys? They'd better have WiFi or it will suck.
    04-09-09 03:33 PM
    Niagara will not need to be WiFi because verizon will be going to 4G soon. That is what a verizon rep told me.
    04-09-09 05:22 PM
    Niagara will not need to be WiFi because verizon will be going to 4G soon. That is what a verizon rep told me.
    LMAO!!! That rep should be FIRED!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-09 05:28 PM
    I'm not going to wait anymore. I want to get an 8830WE while I wait for this to release. 8830WE seem cheap at teh price they are going at now.
    04-09-09 06:49 PM
    I'm not going to wait anymore. I want to get an 8830WE while I wait for this to release. 8830WE seem cheap at teh price they are going at now.
    wait for the release date to get announced so you can plan out getting the 8830 (or w/e) and then returning it just before 30 days are up, and get the niagara the next day. misspriss recommended that method in another thread.

have to pay a 35 restocking fee each time, but you can save money this way, since you dont end up with an extra phone lying around.

if we figure it's getting announced at WES, you only have to hold off 3 more weeks before you should get a better idea of a timeline.

that's what im banking on at the moment, at least. let the countdown begin!!

-cow
    04-09-09 08:32 PM
    wait for the release date to get announced so you can plan out getting the 8830 (or w/e) and then returning it just before 30 days are up, and get the niagara the next day. misspriss recommended that method in another thread.

have to pay a 35 restocking fee each time, but you can save money this way, since you dont end up with an extra phone lying around.

if we figure it's getting announced at WES, you only have to hold off 3 more weeks before you should get a better idea of a timeline.

that's what im banking on at the moment, at least. let the countdown begin!!

-cow
    Yes, this should be everyone's gameplan for now. Once we hear the release date or at least the planned date then we can all plan around it. I hope this isn't released too late or else I may start looking at the Storm 2 especially if it has a physical keyboard.
    04-09-09 08:40 PM
450 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD