every forum is bad for rumors in my opinion
    HAHA! Let me throw my hat into this as well! I'd say end of may, beginning of june. I have no evidence or basis for my opinion, therefore I guess that means I'm in line with everyone else on here

call it a ...... gut feeling? lol
    04-05-09 12:52 PM
    You boys need to grow up and get a life, for god sakes don't you have anything better to do than argue over the release date of a phone. It's just a phone, when it comes out, it comes out.
    04-05-09 01:08 PM
    May would make a lot of sense

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 01:13 PM
    odd, I work for verizon wireless, and I haven't seen said sheet...

04-05-09 01:15 PM
    Speculations are just what it is, some people just have too much time and $ on their hands. VZW probably don;t even know themselves when they'll release the 9630 until all the testings have been completed.
    04-05-09 01:21 PM
    This is all speculation. It will be official when Verizon says so. In the interim... stay excited. (I don't think this will be a problem.)
    04-05-09 01:25 PM
    Again, I'm just putting the niagara out of my mind til I see it at my local VZW store. Period
    04-05-09 01:27 PM
    You won't be able to put it out of your mind for long. Currently, the market campaign is being planned and discussed. It won't be much longer before the device is announced. But the release date for the states is still very late july, beginning of August.
    Any chance the release gets pushed to an earlier date because of faster or unexpected OS progress? Or is this basically concrete at this point (neglecting the fact that there is always a chance it could be pushed to a later date)?
    04-05-09 01:42 PM
    When it arrives, it arrives. I try not to get my hopes up until I start official advertisements.
    04-05-09 01:54 PM
    OS is way too buggy to release on May 9th. That means that would have to have approval of the final OS around April 25th to have it ready for sale on 05/09/09. Its not gonna happen.
    04-05-09 01:55 PM
    I don't see why they would delay it to late July or August if it's just the OS. Only way I see them delaying it that far would be because they are adding something else, like wi-fi. I would be upset and probably won't get the device if they release it in August because of the OS.
    04-05-09 02:05 PM
    I think they learned with the storm that they need to release devices with less buggy OS. This phone will definitely be coming out sometime this summer, not early May.
    04-05-09 02:20 PM
    I don't see why they would delay it to late July or August if it's just the OS. Only way I see them delaying it that far would be because they are adding something else, like wi-fi. I would be upset and probably won't get the device if they release it in August because of the OS.
    There is no "delay." What you fail to understand is that NOTHING OFFICIAL has been announced so there cannot be a delay.

When they announce the August release and then delay it, complain then. Until then sit tight..........
    04-05-09 03:03 PM
    Kevin said it was going to be released in July and they pushed it back to august that sounds like a delay to me

04-05-09 03:19 PM
    Kevin said it was going to be released in July and they pushed it back to august that sounds like a delay to me

An internal delay is very different than a public delay. For example, the Bold was announcned in May and kept getting pushed back until it was finally released in November. Everybody knew about this. However in this case, only us few CrackBerry members or anyone else in-the-know, knows about this...therefore RIM or Verizon are risking practically nothing by internally delaying. Risk is even lower when you consider that everyone here, despite not liking the wait for the Niagara, will STILL BUY IT.
    04-05-09 03:25 PM
    Stopped in at verizon to see what kind of answer I would get just for fun. He said that he heard no news and isnt sure if verizon is even getting it. that is better to me than speculation from someone who your uncle's cousin's college roommate had a one night stand with.
    04-05-09 04:33 PM
    After reading some of these threads. Im starting to realize that any information someone gets that is legit or not, isnt worth posting on here. The community of immature people out there will bash at you and not belive whatever someone tries to post sometimes. Its almost like you get the information and your excited so you want to let the fellow addicts know. But they expect a picture, sound clip, video or whatever to have proof. Its useless posting any information that doesnt officially get released I guess. Theres to many ungreatfull people on here.

I dont care who bashes back at me, but go a head and tell me Im lying? Ive been here for awhile now and post frequently. I use the site for information and help. And of course, to make friends out there. So if your only on this Forum to horse around and bash people for whatever reason, your in the wrong area. I would definatly love to be a mod here. And impliment some manners on this forum. This Forum has really helped me out with a lot of information that I needed and didnt know. And I hope it stays that way.
    Last edited by Terrigno; 04-05-09 at 05:01 PM.
    04-05-09 04:58 PM
    I'm hoping Telus gets it sooner rather then later. I really badly need a new phone, I didnt really love the Storm so I didnt buy one of those. The Curve 8330 is out dated, Pearl 8130 has SureType and its fairly out dated, Pearl Flip is the most ******** phone I've seen and it has the worst feel/build quality i've seen.

Come on 9630!
    04-05-09 05:55 PM
    Look for an announcement of the device at WES in early May.

04-05-09 06:11 PM

Again wait for the OFFICIAL RELEASE announcement.

When its officialy announced that's what you go by. Your getting "behind the scenes" info that is being leaked to you so it can change again and still not be considered a delay.

04-05-09 06:47 PM
    And this info is from what?

A rumor, just like all the other "answers" you'll see in here. You should've been around for the release of the Storm. This place was a mad house with peoples' "inside" information. I doubt one of them was correct.
    04-05-09 06:49 PM
    There is no "delay." What you fail to understand is that NOTHING OFFICIAL has been announced so there cannot be a delay.

When they announce the August release and then delay it, complain then. Until then sit tight..........
    Exactly!!! the device has not been announced by RIM so there is not delay. They will release it when they feel its ready.

04-05-09 07:05 PM
    I can live with that. One thought is since RIM is controlly the release date on the 9630 (I say that because of the post here on CB by the people in the know) that does put the pressure on RIM to have a devise that is ready to do business unlike the Storm on .65.

I will wait for it to finish cooking.
    04-05-09 07:44 PM
    I can live with that. One thought is since RIM is controlly the release date on the 9630 (I say that because of the post here on CB by the people in the know) that does put the pressure on RIM to have a devise that is ready to do business unlike the Storm on .65.

I will wait for it to finish cooking.
    This is true but I dont even believe the Storm can do real "Business" because of it being a mainstream touchscreen phone. The real business is in the QWERTY. BlackBerrys flagship devices Which the Niagara will fit in nicely
    04-06-09 08:51 PM
    This is true but I dont even believe the Storm can do real "Business" because of it being a mainstream touchscreen phone. The real business is in the QWERTY. BlackBerrys flagship devices Which the Niagara will fit in nicely
    I agree the storm is way too hard to type on to even write a semi-long e-mail and there's always way more errors than with a physical qwerty
    04-06-09 09:43 PM
450 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD