the 9630 should be out BEFORE the flip.
    05-14-09 10:14 AM
    the 9630 should be out BEFORE the flip.
    I'll be willing to bet that the flip comes out first. Alltel already has the 8230 (CDMA flip) so it probably won't be long before the snails at VZW get to release it.
    05-14-09 10:20 AM
    I'll be willing to bet that the flip comes out first. Alltel already has the 8230 (CDMA flip) so it probably won't be long before the snails at VZW get to release it.

this all depends on how many pearls they have left in stock if they have a ton of regular pearls in stock they aren't going to put the flip out yet..

thats how it works kind of
    05-14-09 11:22 AM
    I finally gave up on an official release date for the Tour and bought the Bold because I can change carriers with no penalty. I went with the Bold because I have read many posts by CX and others over the past 6-8 weeks on the Bold and believe it should work fine as my first BB. My Treo 700W is pretty much shot after 3 plus years and I need a replacement now.
    05-14-09 05:22 PM
    I actually think they will hit this date or at least get it out before June.
    If you're talking about the date in the OP, I hope you realize that was last weekend.

Actual release date will most likely be July/August.
    05-14-09 09:41 PM
    My Verizon rep told me today that it would be July 17th.
    05-14-09 09:52 PM
    Seems in line with what Kevin Byrne and BGR said recently. I just hope that a) it's true and b) it stays that way!
    05-14-09 10:42 PM
    Reps dont know as I dont think it has even passed verizon inspection yet
    05-14-09 10:58 PM
    ZOMG VERIZON REPS ARE SO RELIABLE!!! Great find!!!!!!
    05-15-09 01:12 AM
    I finally gave up on an official release date for the Tour and bought the Bold because I can change carriers with no penalty. I went with the Bold because I have read many posts by CX and others over the past 6-8 weeks on the Bold and believe it should work fine as my first BB. My Treo 700W is pretty much shot after 3 plus years and I need a replacement now.
    I think, based on the timing everything will end up playing out at, this was an extremely sensible choice.
    05-15-09 08:35 AM
    If you're talking about the date in the OP, I hope you realize that was last weekend.

Actual release date will most likely be July/August.
    That makes me excited! Thats when I can upgrade! Whoop Whoop!
    05-15-09 09:08 AM
    05-15-09 09:13 AM
    The release date has changed...but to what? I really want a new BB and NOW! But hopefully it will be out a little before August so everyone can be my guniepig and let me know what they love/hate about it.

the release date did not change as there never was a release date.
    05-15-09 12:51 PM
    this was not a bad choice... The Bold is a awesome phone and if it came out on verizon a year ago thats what I would be using right now.

I have messed with it many times. Good purchase!
    05-15-09 12:52 PM
    this was not a bad choice... The Bold is a awesome phone and if it came out on verizon a year ago thats what I would be using right now.

I have messed with it many times. Good purchase!
    Thanks for your thoughts! I only hope that AT & T coverage is as good as Verizon is in my area. I do have the 30 days to return it if it isn't.
    05-15-09 02:54 PM
    I Have A BlackBerry Storm and from the review's of The BlackBerry 9630 I've seen on CrackBerry, I will most likely get one. Now Suddenly, Pictures of The BlackBerry Storm 2 are surfacing all over blogs on the internet. I'm in a bind, do you guys think I should wait for the Storm 2 or Get a Tour 9630?
    05-15-09 03:10 PM
    I Have A BlackBerry Storm and from the review's of The BlackBerry 9630 I've seen on CrackBerry, I will most likely get one. Now Suddenly, Pictures of The BlackBerry Storm 2 are surfacing all over blogs on the internet. I'm in a bind, do you guys think I should wait for the Storm 2 or Get a Tour 9630?

do you like touchscreens with bigger screens or keyboards with smaller screens...

I mean thats really a preference thing
    05-15-09 03:44 PM
    in a bind, do you guys think I should wait for the Storm 2 or Get a Tour 9630?
    I have the same question.

I got a Tour but had call quality issues (people telling me "you're breaking up" on most calls when I know I was in a good area) after trying three of them (pre "green dot" with VZW but VZW tier-3 tech says it's not going to be fixed until a new OS is out).

For now, I went back to the Curve.

I'm a business user and care about really reliable basic performance above all else. I run BES. I'm happier with Curve keyboard than Tour (maybe takes some getting used to).

A key question for me (no pun intended) is if the new technology of the Storm 2 makes fast typing easier than with the Tour. That will take time to get used to in order to judge, so opinions are welcome.

Another question is whether an initial release of the Storm 2 is likely to be released with yet more "official beta" software like the way they released the Tour with many bugs (we won't even discuss the original Storm -- though one would have hoped they'd learn better with the Tour and they obviously didn't).

Choice for me is wait for Tour OS update or wait for Storm 2.

Any opinions would be appreciated.
    Last edited by classact; 09-09-09 at 01:31 AM.
    09-09-09 01:29 AM
    Good god! Talk about bringing up an old thread! These were back in the good ol' days of the Niagara!
    09-09-09 06:51 AM
    why necro this one when there are 15 others started a day where the same questions are asked?
    09-09-09 06:58 AM
    lol this is bringing me back into time!
    09-09-09 08:12 AM

10char
    09-09-09 09:00 AM
    I heard the Niagara was gonna be released some time in June... Not sure tho so don't hold me to that....
    09-09-09 09:21 AM
    why necro this one when there are 15 others started a day where the same questions are asked?
    At least no one can say he didn't use search

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 09:31 AM
    I'm gonna close this old thread.
    09-09-09 09:37 AM
450 ... 161718
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD