may 9th is wishful thinking
    More like idiotic thinking. I am fairly new here, but have seen enough on these forums and howard forums to know CX has a high accuracy rate. As far as people putting him on a pedestal...I don't get this one. Trusting a members information based on their proven high accuracy rate is not putting him on a pedestal. Listening to some fool that jumps around with his information but is right 1/20 times is just plain stupid. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    05-06-09 05:12 PM
    im 99 percent sure that the 9530 nor the 9500 does not have wi-fi

I thought I did read somewhere that the 9520 does?
    maybe thats the one I'm thinking of. I just could of sworn there was already a non-NA version of the Storm that had it. If not, oh well, my bad.
    05-06-09 05:15 PM
    This is my favorite quote:

"Remember we predicted a May release over a year ago, so this really does fit in with that timing."

LOL Gimmie a break guys. The release date could be Novemeber and you'd say the same thing.

To me, it just sounds like they are trying to still take credit for a release date IF it comes true. If they said June early July, then ok, I'd give them that statement. But come on. A 2-3 mos LATER release date and say that your orig prediction is inline?, FU. lol

ok I'm done venting now.
    Last edited by R3GUL8OR; 05-06-09 at 05:30 PM.
    05-06-09 05:18 PM
    you cant really pound on BGR they do come up with info alot of times before anyone else maybe there release dates are off but I will tell you they definetly over the past while have come with pictures of devices that noone even new existed well in advance....

now yes someone who calls things about sometimes a year in advance is almost impossible to be right all the time...

The truth is they aren't always perfect but what information they are correct on is valid. and appreciated

I see Kevin right here from crackberry quote BGR everyonce in a while so even the creator here thinks at times they are a valuable resource...

the community should stay as a team over all networks its better to have friends then enemies...

just my 2 cents
    05-06-09 09:45 PM
    you cant really pound on BGR they do come up with info alot of times before anyone else maybe there release dates are off but I will tell you they definetly over the past while have come with pictures of devices that noone even new existed well in advance....

now yes someone who calls things about sometimes a year in advance is almost impossible to be right all the time...

The truth is they aren't always perfect but what information they are correct on is valid. and appreciated

I see Kevin right here from crackberry quote BGR everyonce in a while so even the creator here thinks at times they are a valuable resource...

the community should stay as a team over all networks its better to have friends then enemies...

just my 2 cents
    If the forums had a "kudos" feature I'd give it to you. Thanks for helping encourage a respectful attitude. No need to dog BGR's name. I appreciate their site as well as this one.

Well said, my friend.
    05-07-09 04:59 AM
    July 13th.

Go check the new thread that was made; very reliable source says 7/13.
    05-07-09 10:51 AM
    I for one have no problem with BGR or any rumor site. I have yet to see a person who has predicted anything to be 100 percent correct. That includes every Rim insider on this site or any BB site. I say take the info they share with us as a rumor until the facts from the company is released.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-09 01:45 PM
    it would be awesome if it came out on the 13th of July but .. its just strange that there isn't even a fcc document yet if its that close...

I am not saying it can't be right but usually it seems as if the document would have been through by now..
    05-07-09 04:09 PM
    cant the documents get approved only a few days before?
    05-07-09 04:16 PM
    cant the documents get approved only a few days before?

They could yes but I wouldn't think they would want to have it all ready to ship and then have it get denied for something stupid... I mean even though they know what there doing the fcc is there for a reason so it would be a risk..

I mean I guess I kind of play devils advocate because I don't hype myself up until its in my hand
    05-07-09 04:19 PM
    If the forums had a "kudos" feature I'd give it to you. Thanks for helping encourage a respectful attitude. No need to dog BGR's name. I appreciate their site as well as this one.

Well said, my friend.
    Its not about dogging BGR. I do, however, have a hard time accepting someone who is taking credit when 100% credit is not deserved, and in this case, with the release date and the way they STATED that sentence is all. BGR, like many rumor sites, depend on forums like these and howardforums. Thats where they get a LOT of their info along with tipster emails. So again, there was no dogging in BGR for being BGR, it was that last sentence that I had an issue with and stated my opinion of annoyance towards it. Nothing more nothing less. Period. Done. Over.
    05-07-09 05:40 PM
    ya, saturday, ok. NOT HAPPENINING
    05-07-09 06:32 PM
    Sometimes BGR gets information before others and other times he follows after. Does it really matter? when you have alot of good people trying to get out solid information on these phones.. Who cares... yawn... I dont know about you people but, i personally could care less about who gives the information aslong as someones giving it.. This time BGR clearly did NOT get the information. hes implied that he has confirmed by many other sources being within the range KB mentioned.. I mean is that true? maybe, maybe not...
    Last edited by xplode; 05-07-09 at 07:25 PM.
    05-07-09 07:22 PM
    I've heard a lot of talk that the Tour will be out before the next Storm OS update so if you are like me and going to get the Tour if it comes out before the new Storm OS or if the Storm OS comes out first I'm going to keep it, then this is something just to keep in mind. This is by no means an announcement or official anything. Just from talking to so many people around VZW it seems this may be the case.
    05-08-09 10:37 AM
    I've heard a lot of talk that the Tour will be out before the next Storm OS update so if you are like me and going to get the Tour if it comes out before the new Storm OS or if the Storm OS comes out first I'm going to keep it, then this is something just to keep in mind. This is by no means an announcement or official anything. Just from talking to so many people around VZW it seems this may be the case.
    i say this having 0% of an idea when they will come out.

what you've said sounds like a joke. you know like, "pigs will be able to fly before the dodgers win another world series!" "the niagara will come out before a decent storm os is made"

just what popped in my head. very storm rant/raving sounding to me. shrug.
    05-08-09 10:43 AM
    That's how pathetic Storm OS updates have become. It wasn't intended as a joke because so many people out there (including myself for a little while) are still holding out hope for a new OS. Fact is it isn't coming and there are so many more devices coming out that not much focus is put on the Storm OS. So it's either new device that works (hopefully) or wait and allow the Storm to be the death of me. New device sounds good to me. Can't wait until July
    05-08-09 11:04 PM
    That's how pathetic Storm OS updates have become. It wasn't intended as a joke because so many people out there (including myself for a little while) are still holding out hope for a new OS. Fact is it isn't coming and there are so many more devices coming out that not much focus is put on the Storm OS. So it's either new device that works (hopefully) or wait and allow the Storm to be the death of me. New device sounds good to me. Can't wait until July

a storm os is coming its just "when"

they are still constantly working on os' for the storm and many other devices...

to say one ISN't coming is a pretty blanket statement and completely false..
    05-08-09 11:51 PM
    Really? isn't coming? Not focus on Storm?

Fact is there is a OS coming but the matter is when? I am insisting that it will come on the 2nd Gen Storm, and then be released for the 1st Gen Storm. That way VZW can claim a great improvement over the first device. The difference between the current Storm and the 2nd Gen with the new OS will be dramatic. The dramatic to improvement the better the sales will be. At the same time they can offer the OS for those of us that still have the current device.

Woah, back on track, Focus on Storm? You can not begin to be serious. This device is one of their flagship devices and they are not going to give up on it that easily. Just because you don't have an official upgrade does not mean that they are not working on it.
    05-09-09 12:03 AM
    I didn't literally mean that an OS isn't coming out at all (relax). I understand they are working on it but to call it the main focus of what they are doing is a little outlandish. I also don't quite understand why everything is such a secret. Is there really a reason they don't give any info on what they are doing. it seems a little stupid. It's creating more frustration than hype.
    05-09-09 12:43 PM
    I didn't literally mean that an OS isn't coming out at all (relax). I understand they are working on it but to call it the main focus of what they are doing is a little outlandish. I also don't quite understand why everything is such a secret. Is there really a reason they don't give any info on what they are doing. it seems a little stupid. It's creating more frustration than hype.
    To not hinder the sale of current blackberry's and inventory. If everyone knew something better is coming out, people will usually wait. Then you have a large inventory you need to dump. If there is only a handful, i.e. us (as compared to the rest f the US/Canada cell users), then they can keep selling handsets without worrying about overstocked inventories and loss of potential profits.

You also have to factor in competitive advantages and/or yet-to-be-patented trade secrets. If Acer was going to create the ultimate iPhone killer that really was, in all sense of the word, a better product than Apple's, why would you want Apple to know before you get ready to release it? Just gives them more time to prepare or come up with similar technology before you release, therefore, downplaying your "killer" advantage.

There are others, but those are usually the easiest to address.
    Last edited by R3GUL8OR; 05-09-09 at 08:16 PM.
    05-09-09 08:11 PM
    PLEASE VERIZION IF UR READING THIS, RELEASE THE 9630 EVEN IF THERE R A FEW BUGS FIX EM L8TER...

(Please dnt flame me)

just my opinion... I wouldnt mind this happening
    05-09-09 08:15 PM
    PLEASE VERIZION IF UR READING THIS, RELEASE THE 9630 EVEN IF THERE R A FEW BUGS FIX EM L8TER...

(Please dnt flame me)

just my opinion... I wouldnt mind this happening
    That's what people said about the Storm. Let's let VZW do their job and release a solid OS.
    05-09-09 09:16 PM
    That's what people said about the Storm. Let's let VZW do their job and release a solid OS.
    dnt wanna get in an argument but... the strom was their first touchscreen phone but RIM is used to these kind of things
    05-09-09 09:31 PM
    dnt wanna get in an argument but... the strom was their first touchscreen phone but RIM is used to these kind of things
    I'm just saying, people said the same exact thing as you: "Release it now, we dont care about a few bugs"..and well, they got what the deserved. VZW released it early and now people are STILL complaining about the ****ty OS.
    05-09-09 09:44 PM
    Agreed. Everyone wanted the Storm released right away, bugs and all.

RIM released it with countless bugs and issues, and then everyone was pissed off. You say this now, but when it's released and your phone is non-functional, you'll be cursing yourself.

I want this as bad as anyone, but I want it to be flawless when I get my hands on it on release day.
    05-09-09 09:50 PM
450 ... 1415161718
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD