Today I was able to schmooze the ladies at the VZW counter for the unofficially official Niagra release date: May 9th. They told me they had gotten that little bit of information handed down from corporate in some sort of pre-release information sheet they can access as an employee of Verizon.

This is a direct quote from the lady at the kiosk, "I'm not supposed to tell you this, but May 9th."

Enjoy Crackberry nation!
    04-04-09 02:12 AM
    that's a pretty easy lie to put in the forums but it kinda makes sense. they need to release this phone in may so that they can grab people before the new iphone is released. plus the OS is looking pretty stable so maybe give it another month. plus the people who bought the original world edition in 2007 are going to need to upgrade as their contracts are ending soon and the last thing that Verizon and RIm would want is to have all those users get an iphone or switch to att because they have the bold. i guess it sounds like common sense but keep in mind we're dealing with RIM and they are not that big on common sense when it comes to release dates
    04-04-09 02:32 AM
    May 9th has been the tentative release date for a long time. It sounds like it's getting pushed back to mid summer.
    04-04-09 02:39 AM
    I actually think they will hit this date or at least get it out before June.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 02:45 AM
    while the op has no real proof next time tape record convo or snap a screen shot of memo or her pc haha! but i really really really! hope this is the case
    ! may 9th would be great! i mean this could wor because the 9630 is going to be announced at WES right? and that starts the 5th of may correct? or am i mistaken on date. not much time between announcement and release(if this happens to be correct dates) but it could work!
    04-04-09 02:49 AM
    while the op has no real proof next time tape record convo or snap a screen shot of memo or her pc haha! but i really really really! hope this is the case
    ! may 9th would be great! i mean this could wor because the 9630 is going to be announced at WES right? and that starts the 5th of may correct? or am i mistaken on date. not much time between announcement and release(if this happens to be correct dates) but it could work!
    Yeah, I am skeptical, but May 9th would work PERFECTLY for me. I am gonna be working away from home from May 18th to mid July, and it would be really nice to get my first BB so that I can maintain email access, even while away from the computer.
    04-04-09 03:05 AM
    Pics or it didn't happen!

Seriously though, I'll believe it when I see it.

04-04-09 08:26 AM
    I don't believe they will even make a late May date. It looks like from the video they still have some work to do to the os. My feelings is a late July, mid August.
    04-04-09 08:34 AM
    May 9, or anytime in May - isn't happening.
    04-04-09 08:46 AM
    Today I was able to schmooze the ladies at the VZW counter for the unofficially official Niagra release date: May 9th. They told me they had gotten that little bit of information handed down from corporate in some sort of pre-release information sheet they can access as an employee of Verizon.

This is a direct quote from the lady at the kiosk, "I'm not supposed to tell you this, but May 9th."

Enjoy Crackberry nation!
    sorry but the ladies even after your schmoozing are wrong about the may 9th date... coming from a well respected source at Howard forums its been pushed to mid August if not later.
    04-04-09 11:37 AM
    sorry but the ladies even after your schmoozing are wrong about the may 9th date... coming from a well respected source at Howard forums its been pushed to mid August if not later.
    On Verizons "sheet" Can't remember what exactly it's called, it's supposed to be released early may. Idc who says what on howard forums unless they're the ones approving it for launch.
    It's a possibility that it will get held back but as of now it's release date {time frame} is still set
    04-04-09 11:41 AM
    On Verizons "sheet" Can't remember what exactly it's called, it's supposed to be released early may. Idc who says what on howard forums unless they're the ones approving it for launch.
    It's a possibility that it will get held back but as of now it's release date {time frame} is still set
    If you do not mind me asking, how recent was this "sheet" you saw? Did it look like an official, and possibly confidential document?
    04-04-09 11:49 AM
    The Niagara isn't releasing in May. It will be later
    04-04-09 12:05 PM
    I don't believe they will even make a late May date. It looks like from the video they still have some work to do to the os. My feelings is a late July, mid August.
    Even though I now doubt a May release as well, you have to remember that Kevin is not possibly running the latest OS. He was just using the latest he could get his hands on. I'm sure they have better OSes and in a month they will improve on those.
    04-04-09 12:05 PM
    Yeah the latest OS in the beta forum is higher than what Kevin had. And thats not even the newest.
    04-04-09 12:08 PM
    If you do not mind me asking, how recent was this "sheet" you saw? Did it look like an official, and possibly confidential document?
    I think the "sheet" they're talking about is only available to the employees. So it sounds pretty legit to me. But for the release date, I'm gonna say, close to the end of May/early June. That's my guess.
    04-04-09 12:26 PM
    I think the "sheet" they're talking about is only available to the employees. So it sounds pretty legit to me. But for the release date, I'm gonna say, close to the end of May/early June. That's my guess.
    Yea I think it's legit to but for some reason I feel like they have delayed it so we won't see a May release. Hopefully we do.
    04-04-09 12:30 PM
    Yea I think it's legit to but for some reason I feel like they have delayed it so we won't see a May release. Hopefully we do.
    I think the only reason they would delay it is for an newer OS. But it doesn't take that long to cook up an OS. I think the most lengthy part is loading em onto the devices.
    04-04-09 12:36 PM
    There isn't going to be a May release on the 9630 from what I am told... My cousin works for Verizon and she will be the first to demo the phone when it is released she said the boss told her late June early July as far as when she will get the phone... It would be nice if her boss is wrong though and it did come out sooner...

04-04-09 12:37 PM
    I'm gonna guess the "sheet" they're talking about is something like this.
    04-04-09 12:44 PM
    It is very strange to me that there are so many conflicting sources. On one hand we have a significant portion of people calling a possible late May/June launch, while the very few, but reliable sources are saying August. My gut says to believe the Kevin Byrne type of source who says August (and is right almost all the time), but then I want to believe the May/June rumors as well.
    04-04-09 12:59 PM
    It is very strange to me that there are so many conflicting sources. On one hand we have a significant portion of people calling a possible late May/June launch, while the very few, but reliable sources are saying August. My gut says to believe the Kevin Byrne type of source who says August (and is right almost all the time), but then I want to believe the May/June rumors as well.
    Do not believe the May/June release......

~IT WILL BE AN AUGUST RELEASE~
    04-04-09 01:29 PM
    For those of you so firmly discount other release dates and assert your own, what source are you using that makes you so confident? And how do you justify that source outweighing other people's alleged sources?
    04-04-09 01:43 PM
    maybe may 9th is when they are going to officially announce its existence, but it wont be released to the public until later......just trying to see how 2 different groups could be partially correct..
    04-04-09 02:17 PM
    I hope that May 9 is the release date sooo bad, but I'm thinking more mid-summer
    04-04-09 02:17 PM
450 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD